Head, VEO Study Delivery and Operations, Open to flexible working
Are you looking for a health outcomes leadership role with a diverse set of responsibilities including leadership of Study Delivery for VEO research and Supported Studies, Project Management, Quality and Business Operations? If so, this Head, Value Evidence & Outcomes Study Delivery & Operations role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
In this role you will lead operations for Value Evidence and Outcomes (VEO). This is a critical role in driving discipline and excellence in planning, financial management and execution. In this role, you will engage and build strong partnerships with a broad set of stakeholders across R&D including: Medical LT, VEO LT, Medical TA's, Regional Medical, Global Clinical, Finance, Legal/Compliance, Procurement and external vendors to ensure organizational alignment and business execution.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Partner with SVP VEO to lead the VEO organization. Co-Lead the VEO Leadership Team (LT), develop communications and build / deliver the annual department budget and headcount targets.
- Lead the Study Delivery and Operations Team. Set a vision for the team, develop objectives and hold the team accountable for executing the plan. Drive the team to deliver VEO research and Supported Studies activities on time, budget and to target KPIs.
- Lead short and long-term strategy and planning for all aspects of VEO operations. Contribute operational input across VEO and Medical Affairs, including developing and distributing appropriate reports to LT and executive management.
- Lead implementation of Integrated Resource Management (IRM) for VEO. Ensure Project Management function and IRM are fully embedded ways of working and deliver expected benefits.
- Continue development of business intelligence capability and deliver study, team and management reports in alignment with monthly cycle.
- Manage the forecasting, planning and logistics for operations activities, including the direction and allocation of operations resources, ensuring performance and quality standards are met. Review performance of VEO activities and make recommendations for improvement in quality/efficiency.
- Lead and partner on key cross functional initiatives Lead or contribute to global, cross-functional, business improvement programs that deliver measurable improvements for VEO, Medical Affairs and R&D.
- Plan, allocate, review and organize staff assignments. Provide leadership, coaching, guidance as well as training and staff development opportunities. Responsible for hiring and performance management process. Mentor, coach and develop team members to increase effectiveness and engagement by creating a collaborative, learning environment
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in business, science, medicine, engineering, finance or honors degree
- Experience leading a team
- Industry R&D operational experience
- Experience or working in matrix across departmental lines
- Study operations and project management experience with ability to apply experience to interventional and non-interventional research
- Strong experience applying in Health Outcomes/Epidemiology areas.
- Consulting/advisory experience at senior management level (e.g., through strategy or change initiative roles in industry, or in a professional services organisation)
- Masters Degree or MBA
- Proactive problem-solving mindset and ability to work flexibly to achieve team goals
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.