Data Empowerment Specialist, Open to flexible working
Do you have excellent data skills and a passion to upskill others? Are you seeking a new challenge in leading change?
- In summary, to raise the level of data skills in the scientists and leaders across Product Development & Supply, to facilitate a digital transformation.
- To identify the critical data skills that scientists need so that they can; capture good quality data, manage it effectively, and use it to make rapid, high quality decisions.
- To work with project teams to assess their wants and needs for data and then develop modern technology-driven approaches to support them (e.g. Spotfire / PowerBI dashboards) and embed appropriate training and upskilling so that they can be empowered to use them.
- To create a modern program of high quality, focused training, which people can access as and when they require.
- To drive demand for modern, technology-driven approaches e.g. dashboarding, to the generation, use and management of product development data.
Individuals will be expected to:
- Apply technical competency in preferred visualisation packages e.g. Spotfire, to build required dashboarding solutions and to maximise engagement across PDS.
- Leveraging available resources, design and rollout appropriate training activities to ensure PDS has the right skills ready for digital data solutions.
- Drive the culture in PDS to be more agile, creative and focused in their approach to data
- Understand the training & development requirements to ensure PDS have the necessary data skills to exploit the technology of the future
- Lead business change activities to embed adoption of data solutions and approaches into PDS
- To input into the definition and prioritisation of digital data solutions across projects and PDS processes.
- To work closely with partners within the company, working towards the vision of a continuum of data, information and knowledge across the product lifecycle.
- Keep abreast of the development and use of new technologies
- Technical competency in the use of Spotfire, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Azure and demonstrated k nowledge of data standard creation, data models, informatics and appreciation of data science.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience working in a product development role in R&D or in manufacturing (for either small or large molecules); experience using data to support and enable decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate complex concepts in clear and simple terms.
- Being a collaborative leader with demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships and operate effectively with diverse stakeholders across the organisation at different levels and from different functions.
- Experience of regulatory.
- Demonstrated ability of change management principles and experience of embedding new ways of working, understanding of the challenges of embedding sustainable solutions and preferably experienced in delivering change programmes across diverse environments.
- High levels of intellectual curiosity and the mental agility to rapidly understand new concepts.
- Awareness of internal and external trends in the Pharmaceutical industry and other relevant industries with regards to the modelling, data, analytics and knowledge management.
- Experience of data integrity expectations and requirements for GxP processes necessary to develop a medicine ready for commercial release and supply to the clinic.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree level qualification (e.g. BSC/BA) in a specialism relevant to PDS business (e.g. science, engineering).
- Ability to understand and meets the needs of customers and partners
- Change management skills and demonstrated ability to work across boundaries in order to influence ways of working across a diverse set of stakeholders
- Technical competency in the use of Spotfire, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Azure
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Pharmaceutical industry experience working in a product development role in R&D or in manufacturing (for either small or large molecules); experience using data to support and enable decision-making
- Experience working across multiple disciplines representative of the PDS community
- Understanding of GSK organizational structure including key contacts in R&D (Research, Development, Medicines Science and Technology), Pharmaceutical Supply Chain and Quality.
- Knowledge of data standard creation, data frameworks, informatics, modelling and appreciation of data science
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.