Accounts Payable Analyst
Here at SC Johnson Professional we have an opportunity for an Accounts Payable Analyst to join our team based in Denby. You will join us on a part time basis (Thursdays and Fridays). This vacancy is a 6 month fixed term contract with the possibility of becoming a permanent role in return for a highly competitive salary.
SC Johnson Professional is a leading manufacturer of Industrial and commercial cleaning and skin care products. Our purpose is to invent new products and solutions that create efficiencies, reduce inventories, simplify training, and create a positive cleaning experience for users of our products and the spaces in which our products are used.
In this position as Accounts Payable Analyst at SCJ Professional, you will be the key person to ensure the delivery of a best-in-class Accounts Payable process to your internal business partners as well as external vendors.
You will be responsible to run the full Accounts Payable cycle, from receipt of invoices to successful execution of payments, and resolve any issues in a timely manner. You will collaborate and train your internal business partners to ensure the A/P process works flawlessly, while constantly looking for ways how to improve the process. Simultaneously, you will ensure defined controls procedures are being followed, and you will raise any concerns with senior finance management.
Key responsibilities of our Accounts Payable Analyst:
- Ensure on-time payment of invoices to vendors by running the Accounts Payable process in line with process design. Manage the full accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoices to successful execution of payments.
- Understand and resolve parked and blocked invoices, as well as vendor debit balances.
- Customer satisfaction: Develop good working relationships with both, internal business partners as well as external vendors.
- Responsible for imaging and record retention of all A/P documents.
- Provide support to the wider accounting team.
- Ensuring the appropriate controls are operational in order to maintain the quality and integrity of financial information.
- Ensure that all Non-PO invoices are coded and approved by a manager who is on the Delegation of Duties list.
- Escalate any concerns around potential controls violations with senior finance management so corrective action can be taken.
- In close collaboration with the Accounting Manager, identify, develop and implement process improvements which will increase the efficiency and / or effectiveness of A/P management. Able to competently share knowledge and learnings.
- Develop training material which explains the key requirements and flow of the A/P process to our internal business partners.
- Sharing of knowledge with Finance staff, including healthy contribution in team discussions.
What we're looking for in our Accounts Payable Analyst:
- Good previous experience of working within an accounts payable department or equivalent exposure to transactional accounting processes, ideally obtained in a multinational / fast-paced work environment
- Good understanding of general accounting rules
- Good attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Self-starter, able to come in and hit the ground running and being able to work out how things operate. Confident to make decisions from Day 1.
- Excellent team player
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Good communication skills
- Strong customer service mindset
- Strong experience of working to deadlines with excellent attention to detail and a sense of urgency. Able to stay organized and remain calm even if things get hectic
- Good numeracy and reconciliation skills
- Good IT / systems skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel
What we can offer our Accounts Payable Analyst:
- Large and expanding fast paced global business
- Committed to implementing best practice in all areas
- Focus on innovation and continuous improvement
- Competitive salary and Benefits, plus a Production Incentive Scheme paid from the start
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) rising to 36 days with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
If you feel you have what it takes to become our Accounts Payable Analyst, then please click 'apply' now