Antibody Engineer, Open to flexible working
4 days left
- Contract Type
Within the Biopharm Discovery Unit, the Antibody Selections group is looking for an experienced Antibody Engineer. You will use your expertise in antibody engineering to develop and employ library-based approaches using yeast and phage display systems to discover therapeutic antibodies with optimal biological and biophysical properties. You will work closely with structural and computational groups, incorporating next generation sequencing and insilico methods to enable more intelligent and focussed antibody library design. This is an exceptional opportunity to lead efforts as a subject matter expert in Antibody Engineering and Lead Optimisation.
Biopharm Discovery is a department dedicated to the discovery of novel and effective biopharmaceutical medicines. This department comprises several complementary functions focused on the progression of a portfolio of biopharmaceuticals from initial antibody discovery, expression and characterisation to molecular engineering and biological and physiochemical profiling.
Within the Biopharm Discovery Unit, the Antibody Selections group has responsibility for identifying and optimizing high quality hits and leads from in vitro libraries and in vivo technologies. The team uses the Adimab yeast platform along with in vivo transgenic mouse technologies to generate diverse panels of hits and leads which are expressed and triaged using a variety of characterisation assays. The Antibody Selections group also works with external groups to deliver monoclonal antibody reagents for therapeutic applications. In addition, the Antibody Selections group has accountability for developing and accessing new antibody discovery technologies to enable increasingly diverse hit panels and generation of candidates against challenging targets.
GSK is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery of strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
- Use scientific expertise to solve project challenges using invitro yeast-based library technologies.
- Work closely with colleagues in computational and structural sciences to integrate structure-based library approaches and insilico design.
- Work closely with colleagues in physiochemical profiling teams to incorporate developability knowledge early in the discovery process.
- Scientific leadership and impact through a lab-based role.
- Accountable for delivery of high-quality hits and leads to program teams using our in vitro and in vivo Ab discovery platforms.
- Maintaining high quality and accurate records of data in GSK databases and electronic lab notebooks.
- Clear and concise presentations of results to peers and project teams.
- Influence new scientific direction and execution of projects and discovery platforms outside of immediate area of expertise through analysis of feasibility and strategic fit.
- Authoring of scientific publications in peer reviewed journals.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
- PhD in biological sciences or equivalent with extensive experience in Antibody Engineering and Antibody Discovery processes.
- Demonstrated strong scientific experience in antibody selections techniques; such as phage and/or yeast display, or library selection/screening-based protein engineering techniques.
- Good understanding of physiochemical screening assays for developability.
- Track record of critiquing scientific data with the ability to identify and resolve scientific questions
- Scientific leadership skills with experience of authoring publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Track record of building collaborations internally and/or externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams and will display excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We can offer you a collaborative learning environment and the opportunity to develop your career and gain experience across drug discovery. If you share our priorities of innovation, performance and trust and are motivated to contribute towards bringing lifesaving drugs to patients, then we'd love to hear from you.
Please use your cover letter to highlight how you meet the competencies for the role, your cover letter along with your CV will be used to assess your application.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.