Sustainability Manager, Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
Over the past 24 months GSK has significantly changed its business structure and deployed the 3+1 operating model. This coupled with the removal of Core Business Services, has triggered the need to redesign the Worldwide Real Estate & Facilities (WREF) structure to better serve the organization. In February 2019, WREF began to review the operational and organizational performance of the department. Insights were taken from interviews and market comparators including 23 internal and external individuals supported by secondary benchmarking. The findings from this review have been used to restructure the department enabling WREF to operate more efficiently and prepare for future changes to GSK PLC.
This role ensures GSK's global sustainability strategies and initiatives have the privilege of focus to ensure delivery. The current sustainability efforts and activities are spread across multiple persons/functions within the FM CoE. This role will have a sole focus on delivery of the WREF and GSK strategy. This role will champion, influence, and implement global sustainability strategies that will meet GSK's corporate environmental and sustainability targets, and drive and embed a sustainability culture.
- Deploy strategies, transformations and innovations that will advance the efficient utilization of real estate, improve the customer experience and drive standards.
- Introduction of novel approaches that deliver substantial benefit and materially shift direction of our sustainability goals.
- Present persuasive recommendations associated with property and facilities to internal decision making bodies
- Orchestrate projects through their initiation, planning, implementation, and close-out phases within a defined budget and schedule, leading efforts across highly matrixed teams, e.g., WREF, R&D, Supply Chain, Vaccines, IT, Finance, Procurement and HR.
- Provide contract governance and oversight to ensure value and delivery from the Service Providers, e.g., programme delivery, key performance indicators and targets, cost/benefit analysis of improvements, change management, etc.
- Teach and coach internal team members and service partner leadership on service excellence principles, techniques and behaviours
- Create strong collaboration and teamwork between WREF, EHS, R&D, Supply Chain, Vaccines, Service Providers, and customers.
- Lead the strategic planning and deployment of WREF sustainability initiatives to deliver GSK's commitment to reduce carbon emissions, reduce single use plastics, zero to landfill, beneficial use waste, biodiversity programs, etc.
- Motivate and educate the wider WREF community on sustainability efforts and deploy sustainability programs that will directly influence the behaviour and culture of GSK.
- Identification of expansion opportunities to expand the sustainability program across with wider WREF portfolio.
- Seek out and implement new, cost effective, sustainability initiatives for WREF. Collaborate and share ideas and implementation across GSK.
- Influence the business case and prioritization of sustainability projects, ensuring that they meet GSK financial requirements and deliver on the corporate objectives.
- Development and application of lead and lag measures to track the delivery of the WREF sustainability program.
- Stay abreast of external/industry trends, to advise and drive compliance to corporate targets & regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with industry bodies and other groups across GSK to establish global sustainability standards, benchmarks and measures, ensuring consistent delivery across WREF.
*This role can sit in any GSK US or UK Site*
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the industry
- Experience working in a WREF Facilities Management functions or equivalent experience
- Experience in managing supplier relations with Service Provider to deliver against defined service, quality, cost and performance targets.
- Experience with ADP (OE) tools and techniques.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced Degree
- Proven ability to deploy strategies and motivate teams for innovation and change within GSK. Identifies emerging trends and benchmarks in complex and ambiguous situations.
- Proven ability to drive transformation initiatives across a global organization, using a combination of lean, change management, and project management skills
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Excellent track record in influencing, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills. High credibility with senior management. High level of personal integrity with ability to handle confidential information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best industry practices
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.