Job Type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-time or Part time of 3 or 4 days per week will be considered.
Salary: ??45,000 to ??55,000 per annum full time equivalent (dependent on experience)
About Ardent Credit Services Ltd
Ardent, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, was formed in 1997 by the current CEO, who is still very much "hands on" today. It has a reputation for providing professional and compliant debt recovery and collection services to a large range of blue-chip clients.
This success has been built on an ethos of; attention to detail, going the extra mile and a desire to be the best. Ardent has enjoyed significant growth in recent years. As a result, we are creating the new position of Financial Controller.
We are a privately-owned business with an exceptionally dedicated team. The company knows it can only deliver success with great people and great systems.
About the vacancy
As the Financial Controller, you will be a key member of our senior team. You will need an "attention to detail and extra mile" attitude and possess the drive, ambition, and focus to "get it right first time."
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for the full range of finance operations within the business.
We believe this is an opportunity to automate much of our financial processes and reports and are looking for someone who has experience of maximising automation within a financial function.
Excellent communication, people, and performance management skills, as well as strong leadership, trust and integrity are paramount.
Oversee all company accounts and financial processes, including:
* Management Accounts
* Monthly preparation of the Management Accounts
* Preparation of Department Budgets
* Creation of regular Financial Forecasts
* VAT Submissions
* Corporation Tax Submissions
* External Accountants
* Management of the Supplier Relationship
* Assist in the Preparation of the Annual Statutory Accounts
* Company Tax Computations
* Act as the Point of Contact for External Auditors
* Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register
* Oversight of Company Payroll and Pensions
* Bank Accounts - Oversight / Reconciliation of;
* Client Accounts
* Business Accounts
* Bank Payments
* Client Payments (inc authorisation)
* Refunds (inc authorisation)
* Pricing & Client Profitability
* Working with the MI Manager to ensure Pricing and Profitability Analysis methodology is accurate
* Manage and forecast cash flow requirements
Qualifications and Skills:
* Management Accountant/ACCA qualification or equivalent
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
For more information on this role please direct all questions to Daniel Brockhurst at Exec Search Solutions, who is the Managing Consultant for this role.
Applicants applying direct to Ardent and all agency enquiries will be directed back to Exec Search Solutions