Product Tech Designer, Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
GSK is on a mission to help people do more, feel better, and live longer.
Within the Pharmaceutical business of GSK, Pharma Tech strives to deliver products and services to our internal users that help them do their jobs better, enabling them to build better patient outcomes.
Why are we looking for someone?
- Pharma Tech - Sales Medical and Contact Centre (SMCC) build digital products that help sales and medical reps have effective commercial conversations with health-care professionals.
- SMCC is mid-transformation from a feature-delivery to product way of working and have established a Product Tech Design Team to help drive user-centred product design.
- To expand the design capability of the Tech Design team and drive product design adoption, we're looking for a Product Tech Designer with strong UX Analysis skills to bring research and prototyping experience, all built on top of a great foundation of technical design.
- This person will not only play a key part in improving our products but will further enable the Tech Design team to promote design thinking throughout SMCC.
Who we're looking for
- You are proficient in Product Design, with a focus on UX Analysis and technical design. You will also be especially passionate about research and design.
- You are comfortable owning user-centred/business analysis and design, and you pride yourself on your ability to collaborate closely within a cross-functional team.
- You genuinely care for and enjoy helping your users, whilst balancing their needs with the business need for outcomes.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and appreciation for those you work with and build for. You are a low-ego learner and teacher.
What will you be doing?
- You will report into the Product Tech Design Manager. You will work as part of a dedicated agile product team across the product lifecycle.
- You will have a clear focus on discovering, crafting and communicating solutions that drive team collaboration and result in successful user and business outcomes.
- You will use UX research and analysis skills to develop a deep understanding of the business domain, its users and the processes within a product area, collecting and communicating these product opportunities.
- You will use UX mock-ups, prototypes, wireframes, interaction diagrams and whatever else you fancy to build solutions that meet user need, ensuring technical feasibility and delivering business success.
- You will conduct usability and user experience research, continuously seeking to understand user needs better and improve the existing systems.
- You will partner with business areas to understand their challenges and needs, whilst working to lead product and process changes, helping to ensure smooth deployments and satisfied customers.
- You will evangelise user-centred product design ways of working in Pharma Tech SMCC, working with other UX practitioners and sharing experiences as part of an up-and-coming GSK product design community.
What you have accomplished
- You will have demonstrable experience in UX research and analysis skills. You will be proficient in business and user flow mapping.
- You will have practical experience of interaction design, information architecture, and human factors. You will have efficient communicated and presented your ideas to teams with rationale, and you thrive for feedback. You will have established yourself as an evangelist for UX. You will have good command over spoken and written communication. You can handle and coordinate multiple projects at once.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.