Analytical Senior Scientist, Open to flexible working
4 days left
- Contract Type
The GSK Consumer Healthcare R&D team supports the development of leading global brands in Consumer Health care. Analytical sciences is a specialized discipline providing support to new product development, by developing, validating and transferring state-of-the-art robust methods that enable the growth of the Consumer Health Business.
This role is to execute technical strategies in analytical chemistry, within a region or category, which is focused on the delivery of innovation, may lead moderately complex problem solving, troubleshoot and solve analytical methodology issues in the GSK network.
This role is familiar with HPLC and GC and well established detection technology.. This role displays continuing growth of knowledge of analytical chemistry. The role requires close collaboration with new product development.
- An engaged technical expert who executes technical aspects of analytical development
- Has advanced knowledge of varied aspects or a specialized aspect of a discipline and working knowledge of principles and concepts in other relevant disciplines. Applies technical and functional knowledge to design experiments, assist in project design, and independently completes tasks
- Acts as a scientific resource within the analytical team
- Creates innovative methodologies
- A scientific and technical colleague who interfaces with internal and external partners such as Formulations and Quality
- Assist in the development of novel approaches to solve moderately difficult problems
- Leads or participates in due diligence, new business opportunities and product assessments as required.
- Produces effective presentations and possesses writing skills to tailor messages to a variety of audiences as appropriate (e.g. external, commercial, management, scientific).
- Successfully perfoms and directs method validation / transfer activities without supervision
- Consistently recognizes atypical data including chromatography and intermediate results and resolves the issues
- Capable of troubleshooting difficult instrumentation issues
- Successfully directs and performs method development for various finished dosage forms
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required
- Ph.D. Analytical Chemistry MS Chemistry with extensive experience in analytical chemistry
- BS Chemisry
- Moderate knowledge of Regulatory, GMP and ICH Quality management system standards
- Some experience in the area of analytical sciences in the Rx, OTC or consumer products industry
- Proven ability to assist in developing scientifically sound and robust methods of analysis to be used for release and stability testing and complex problem solving
- Good communication and influencing skills in a complex, matrix environment
- Knowledge of cGMP requirements related to analytical chemistry within product development.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong organizational ability, comfort with complexity and ambiguity and an ability to lead within a strong matrix organization.
- A passion for science will be essential given the critical importance of technical expertise for the success of the organization.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.