Analytical Scientist, Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
The GSK Consumer Healthcare R&D team supports the development of leading global brands in Consumer Health care. Analytical sciences is a specialized discipline providing support to new product development, by developing, validating and transfering state-of-the-art robust methods that enable the growth of the Consumer Health Business.
This role is to execute technical strategies in analytical chemistry within a region or category, which is focused on the delivery of innovation in the GSK network.
This role is familiar with aspects of HPLC and GC and simple detection technology within the Analytical department. This role is recognized as having a good knowledge of Analytical chemistry.
- An engaged scientist who executes technical aspects of analytical development
- Has knowledge of varied aspects or a specialized aspect of a scientific discipline
- Applies technical skills and functional knowledge to projects / assignments
- Acts as a scientific resource within the analytical team
- Recognized as a colleague with growing scientific contributions
- May use or develop novel hypotheses; new ideas and knowledge are used frequently
- A scientific and technical colleague who interfaces with internal and external partners such as Formulations and Quality
- Assists in the development of approaches to solving moderate problems
- Produces effective presentations and possesses writing skills that is able to tailor messages appropriate with assistance (audiences could include external partners, commercial colleagues, management and internal scientific community).
- Leads method development and validation activities with supervision
- Properly follows appropriate documentation procedures, including recognizing documentation issues and working with colleagues to resolve the issues in a timely manner
- Capable of troubleshooting moderately difficult instrumentation issues
- Successfully executes established procedures, methodologies and method validation / transfer protocols with minimum supervision
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required
- MS Analytical Chemistry with a minimum of 5 years of experience or BS with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Some experience in the area of analytical sciences in preferably the Rx, OTC or consumer products industry
- Proven ability to assist in developing scientifically sound and robust methods of analysis to be used for release and stability testing and complex problem solving
- Good communication skills in a matrix environment
- Some knowledge of cGMP requirements related to analytical chemistry within product development.
- Ability to communicate problems and challenges in a clear and concise manner
- The candidate must demonstrate strong organizational ability, comfort with complexity and ambiguity and an ability to lead within a strong matrix organization.
- A passion for science will be essential given the critical importance of technical expertise for the success of the organization.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.