Senior Automation Project Engineer, Open to flexible working
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Automation Controls Project Engineer at GSK's Zinnat Supply Chain (ZSC) Secondary Site located in Barnard Castle. This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your knowledge, experience and leadership skills and develop your expertise within a world leading pharmaceutical company.
Our ZSC facility is a key secondary manufacturing site within the GSK network, bringing medicines to people all over the world at the right quality and the right price. At ZSC, we proudly manufacture Cephalosporins, antibiotics that fight infectious diseases.
As a Senior Automation Controls Project Engineer you will:
- Manage or deliver the automation aspects of site Capital Projects to the agreed scope of works, timescales and cost.
- Responsible for co-ordinating all computer validation/automation activities from implementation to handover to the client.
- Focus effort to ensure maximum benefit to the organisation. Initiate and support cross business learning, collaboration and teamwork.
- To provide control and automation support to the wider maintenance team during day to day issues.
- To support the development of C&A skills with the maintenance team
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overall responsibilities for ensuring the automation aspects of Capital Projects are effectively delivered to meet agreed time, cost, and quality standards for customer satisfaction.
- Manage a wide variety of projects which will involve various disciplines from equipment, automation, services/utilities and buildings/civils. Manage or be a team member of internal multi-disciplined project teams.
- Provide technical expertise in controls and automation.
- Manage a number of multi-disciplined projects.
- Demonstrate leadership.
- Follow site Project Management processes.
- Work with client and project team members to develop proposals.
- Ensure all GSK and site specifications are complied with.
- Plan, organise and control works.
- Control and manage costs.
- Appraise engineering proposals.
- Management of internal resource and external contractor.
- Ensure safe working practices are always employed, including CDM.
- Produce a high-quality product or output.
- Handover to the client a project as agreed.
- Make timely decisions.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Friday 22nd January
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- Engineer with a minimum HNC or equivalent.
- Expertise in at least one project area; pharma equipment or utilities or construction.
- Experience in process automation i.e. PLC/SCADA/HMI highly desirable.
- Sound knowledge of networking and IT/IoT concepts.
- Good understanding of quality management systems, lifecycle management, change control and Good Automation Practices within highly regulated environments.
- Sense of Urgency/Decision making.
- Good planning and communication skills and deliver projects to achieve Business requirements.
- Development self and others/coaching.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.