Extended Assurance - Internal Audit Senior Manager - Insurance, Open to flexible working
EY’s Financial Services practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and we are expanding our teams across the UK, in London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds and Bristol. This growth offers great opportunities for learning and progression.
Our Extended Assurance Practice provide ongoing assurance to regulators, management and directors on the governance and controls around processes that do not impact the financial statements. Our Internal Audit team provides comprehensive risk services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational recommendations that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit and risk management functions.
Your key responsibilities
Your key responsibility will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have every opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
We have an opportunity for a dedicated team player with a great work ethic and excellent professional skills for the role of Senior Manager focusing on the Insurance industry. Working at a C’suite level you will own and drive client relationships and become part of the EA IA Insurance Management leadership team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Securing and enhancing relationships with senior client management (including Heads of Internal Audit, Chief Executives and Audit Committee Chairs).
- Delivering audits and taking overall responsibility through wrap-up and final report delivery.
- Managing day-to-day client relationships and expectations by delivering value and providing knowledge and insight for improving their business.
- Ensuring client deliverables meet with internal Quality & Risk Management expectations.
- Maintaining active communication with both partners/directors and clients to manage expectations and ensure client satisfaction.
- Understanding our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients.
- Assisting partners/directors with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships.
- Contributing to Thought Leadership articles published internally and externally.
- Contributing to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training FS Risk professionals
- Managing engagement economics and communicate significant issues, fees and estimates to complete to partners and clients.
- Leading reviews and oversee the work of others.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong academic record including at least a 2.1 classified degree or equivalent, a professional qualification would be advantageous
- Good understanding of the insurance and investment management industry: Front Office - Investment process, portfolio management and broking; Middle Office – Distribution, client reporting and performance analytics; Back Office – Investment accounting, Clearing and settlement and Corporate actions
- Solid understanding and experience of process and controls in particular from performing internal audit reviews:
- Knowledge of process mapping and process analysis
- Internal audit, COSO, data analytics, computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs), continuous control monitoring (CCM), internal controls, financial reporting and financial crime.
- Significant experience within an insurance company or through serving relevant clients via a professional services firm
- Project management experience relating to risk projects in insurance firms
- Business consulting experience, with client liaison experience and strong commercial awareness
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Regulatory supervision - knowledge or experience of supervisors activity on risk management related matters
- Experience of risk assessment, mitigation and remediation
- Confident and credible communicator who displays both technical knowledge and commercial understanding.
What we are look for
We are looking for assurance professionals, who have a strong background in Financial Services. Candidates should have experience of working in Internal Audit, Risk and / or controls projects either as an auditor / advisor or within industry. Join us and you'll work on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world.
We’re building the workplace of the future at EY – a place that’s smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible. We're embracing change and helping our clients to adapt - to create more inclusive economic growth. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.