Head of Commercial Finance, Off Trade, Open to flexible working
Diageo was created in 1997 but its business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, Diageo is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio also includes Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor Whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Diageo has built a strong platform for growth – through investment in its own brands, and by acquisition to broaden the geographical footprint and category depth and range. The company’s strong local business units are well-positioned to win in increasingly competitive and fast-paced environments. Diageo’s portfolio is well-diversified across price-tiers, enabling it to participate where consumer opportunity is greatest, and to capture shifts in consumer preference.
Diageo's culture is built and maintained by the five values that underpin its business and guide how Diageo works. At Diageo, employees are passionate about its customers and consumers and want to be the best. They give each other the freedom to succeed and value each other. Employees work hard so they can be proud of what they do and how they do it. While Diageo moves at pace, constantly evolving and improving, its values remain consistent. Diageo wants that employees live these values every day, everywhere so that Diageo can be proud of what they do and be the best that they can be.
Diageo Commercial Finance teams are central to the delivery of key business objectives and targets across the P&L, Balance Sheet and broader market share. The teams are respected business partners to their stakeholders inside and outside of the function and work to shape the future of the customer and overall Channel.
You will drive great decision making with your business partner and support the business in setting and realising it’s performance ambition and AOP with a particular focus on the Dynamic value creator area of the Finance Mission:
- Bring data-led insights – creating winning strategies and provoking great business outcomes
- Embrace a winning mindset – having the courage to act
- Look outwards – always adopting an external lens
- Lead and embrace change – creating value and shaping our future
- Active risk managers – guiding smart business decisions
- Partner the Off Trade Commercial Director and GB FD In driving best in class performance management, customer and brand investment decisions.
- Leads strategic planning for the channel balancing brand and customer priorities supporting both long and short term budgeting (AOP).
- Provide decision support to the commercial teams, which will ultimately maximise Net Sales Value, Gross Profit and Gross Margin % whilst delivery gains on market share.
- Drive the AWC agenda partering the teams to deliver continuous improvement on cash through WADT and overdue resolution.
- Use insightful analysis to identify business opportunities for the division.
- Drive the Control agenda across the channel ensuring a best in class control environment through simple processes and strong compliance.
- Lead and develop the Off Trade Commercial Finance team driving capability and leadership.
Win through Execution
- Sets and pursues direction without guidance and takes a wide view of their accountabilities
- High energy and ambition to achieve successful outcomes and high standards
- Balances analysis and execution and adjusts thinking in the face of new information
- Actively spots opportunities or issues and identifies which are urgent and important
- Generates a range of workable solutions, decides what should be done and takes action
Shape the Future
- Sees the big picture and possibility from multiple angles and through a creative lens
- Frames issues in a way that creates clarity and incorporates others' best thinking
- Accurately digests large amounts of information and breaks down complex problems thoroughly
- Challenges themselves and others to take on new or unfamiliar tasks and ways of working
Inspire through Purpose
- Finds broader meaning in their work and aspires to make a significant difference
- Reads their environment and understands how culture and context influences people's perspectives
- Is actively aware of the impact they have on others and tunes in to the needs of individuals around them
- Communicates in a compelling, persuasive and impactful way
- Draws on a variety of influencing styles to engage different audiences
Invest in Talent
- Displays confidence in their ability to meet challenges and succeed
- Maintains belief and optimism and bounces back quickly from setbacks or failures
- Demonstrates a realistic and thoughtful awareness of their own capabilities
- Proactively seeks feedback and development for growth and takes action
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- Professionally qualified accounts (ACA, CIMA or similar) with 10+ years experience
- Previous experience in a commercial finance leadership position
- Existing capability to build genuine relationships built on mutual trust & respect
- Successful management of senior stakeholders, resulting in strong and positive outcomes
- Comfort with dealing with ambiguity, complexity and working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and matrixed environment
- Deep personal accountability for great performance
- Strong commercial and numerical acumen with attention to detail
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application.