Life Cycle Analysis Programme Coordinator, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons, built over generations by entrepreneurs who understood the importance of pioneering solutions and investing to create enduring value.
Our strategy follows their example, by pioneering grain-to-glass sustainability, championing inclusion and diversity, and promoting positive drinking. It aims to harness our entire business to create value for us, and for the communities where we live, work, source and sell. By enhancing our brands’ relationships with consumers, earning the trust of stakeholders, building our resilience and productivity, driving performance, and mitigating risk, our strategy is key to ensuring our business continues to create sustained, quality growth over the long term.
We set ourselves the highest standards, and our practices have earned us international recognition. And its people with energy, dedication and problem-solving skills who’ll help us get even better. In return, we offer a world of opportunities for you to explore, to shape and progress your career
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you
About the role
Your role is to build and manage the in-house LCA tools and delivery program and manage it according to internal compliance controls, best practices, and statutory requirements. The role holder will:
- Support Diageo’s Global 2030 environmental sustainability ambition, by developing and delivering the LCA program across all businesses, brands, and markets.
- Lead the development of an LCA toolset to provide decision support and business planning for sustainable outcomes. Includes the SPOT tool and development of rapid prototyping/design analysis capability through LCA tools.
- Carry out LCAs as required by technical, brands, packaging innovation, marketing and business.
- Manage (where needed) key projects implementations and project management activities according to timeframes set.
- Create and deliver LCA reports. Ensure consistency across all Diageo LCA & Carbon Footprint studies.
- Ensure compliance with applicable internal and external standards.
- Perform and/or manage internal calculations.
You will have: in-depth knowledge of LCA methods, tools and processes (good working knowledge of LCA software such as Simapro, GABI); experience in conducting product carbon footprints and life cycle assessments; good working knowledge of carbon accounting standards; a demonstrable growth mindset and great engagement and communication skills.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything