Cashier & Accounts Receivable Clerk
Cashier & Accounts Receivable Clerk - 20 hour week
- Ensuring all cheques are logged on to the accounts system accurately
- Ensuring that paying in slips are completed accurately
- Regular banking of cheques at a local branch
- Posting and reconciling online credit card batches
- Identifying and posting bank transfers in a timely manner
- Clearing receipts off the Bank Recs so that its clear at the end of each month
- Liaising with credit controllers, sales teams and customers to identify unknown payments
Sales Ledger Maintenance
- Raising manual invoices and credit notes
- Matching cash to invoices
- Running unallocated cash reports and keeping totals to a minimum
- Processing refund paperwork, reversals, write offs and general accounts administration
- Filing of refund paperwork and chargeback paperwork
- Soft copy filing of credit card batches
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Behaviour
Competences required by jobholder should include the ability to:
- Search out errors; rectify omissions, perfect systems and procedures which will ultimately raise the quality and standards of all tasks undertaken.
- Seek direction and authority from others when and if appropriate, and achieve set goals in an efficient manner.
- The job requires a person who has an innate need to get things right. Formulas, facts, logic and system are important aspects of the position. The person fulfilling this function should have the ability to work in a steady, thorough and deliberate manner and have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- Attention to detail is also required for the position.
- Demonstrate the company’s values of Passion, Imagination, Care and Trust.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience of JD Edwards would be an advantage but not essential
- Adaptability to work with a number of different systems
Health & Safety:
- To be familiar with, and conform to, the company’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy and associated procedures
- Ensure a clean and safe work area is maintained