Global Market Access and Pricing Director - daprodustat, Open to flexible working
Are you and exceptional market access and pricing professional ready to take full accountability to develop the market access and pricing strategy for a key GSK pipeline asset? If so, then this Global Market Access and Pricing Director opportunity may be for you.
In this role, you will ensure that payer customer needs are represented within the daprodustat team for strategy development, evidence generation and successful pricing and reimbursement decisions. This will be achieved through working with your brand team colleagues, the R&D team, key Local Operating Companies (LOCs) and the above country regional teams. You will act as an independent trusted partner with the Medicines Commercial Lead (MCL) in developing pricing, reimbursement and market access strategies, and develop and deliver impactful payer materials to LOCs. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to clarify complex information for non-market access experts in order to inform and shape strategic decision making.
You will be accountable for leading the design and delivery of strategies and materials that support value demonstration to payer customers for daprodustat, thus resulting in optimal price and access for this medicine at the national and sub-national level. You will develop payer and provider insight, including payer and provider research, early advice seeking activities and advisory boards. You will lead the GMAT (Global Market Access Team) by working and co-creating with the core LOCs in the development of launch strategies and materials. Finally, you will partner with the MCL to identify and mitigate for trade-offs between payer and provider evidence requirements and price/access for the core LOCs.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Represent payer and provider needs in the Medicines Commercialisation Team (MCT) forum
- Plan and deliver against the Integrated Asset Plan (IAP) requirements for Market Access and Pricing
- Stakeholder mapping and account journey, identify key access stakeholders and their clinical/economic behavioural drivers
- Design and deliver the global market access and pricing strategy and ensure alignment with brand strategy
- Develop pricing and reimbursement strategy and value propositions for national and sub-national payers, both public and private
- Build and execute a launch sequence which optimizes the commercial potential of the medicine and patient access
- Work with Regional access teams and the Finance team to ensure pricing executed to target/ within strategy
- Identify non asset opportunities to enhance the value proposition for different payer segments
- Partner with Value Evidence and Outcomes (VEO) and Medical to identify and communicate key value drivers, risks and opportunities and make sure that the Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP) will deliver evidence to support payer customer needs
- Determine access and reimbursement assumptions and scenarios to input to forecast models, decision points and portfolio strategy
- Represent payer and provider needs in strategic planning and price evolution assumptions for long-range forecasting
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors Degree.
- Experience of working in a payer relevant role with significant involvement in recently (within last 2-3 years) in developing and executing a launch plan and bringing a medicine through the reimbursement process in key global markets.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Post Graduate Degree level (e.g. MBA, MSc, PhD) or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) area in particular knowledge of US Large Dialysis Organizations (LDOs) and/or experience in payer customer business-to-business relationships and key account management.
- Previous experience in these areas: Payer marketing, Key Account Management, Pharmaceutical Pricing, Health Economics, Public Health and Policy
- Experience of working in an above-country role or global role.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.