Assistant Manager – Technology Consulting & Powered Enterprise HR Lead
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In IT Advisory we leverage technology to help achieve clients' business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
Clients are increasingly recognising the value that technology can bring to their organisation and are considering or undertaking major technology change programmes.
The emergence of cloud technologies and the potential that this brings to drive business transformation is both exciting and compelling. KPMG’s Management Consulting Practice believes that the combination of our HR Transformation heritage with the transformational value of the cloud based technology will help us achieve our vision of being the market leader in cloud based finance transformation.
Based on this KPMG have invested in building a pre-defined finance and HR transformation solution based on Workday HCM Applications technology. This solution, KPMG Powered Enterprise, allows us to deliver holistic finance and HR transformation faster, at lower risk and with a greater surety of outcome for our clients.
We are looking to recruit people which have both a strong experience of implementing HR solutions (in particular Workday) who are also comfortable in supporting our other technology engagements across the many varied and exciting projects.
The role will be based within the NM Technology Consulting team and expected to work closely with and alongside the KPMG Powered Enterprise HR Workday team.
In this role, you will be predominately involved in supporting the delivery of HR technology transformation programmes with Workday solutions, with a secondary focus on supporting the wider portfolio of Technology Consulting projects and client work.
There are 3 strands of the role
Delivering for our clients:
- Support and lead the delivery of workstreams for our HR technology transformation projects at our clients, in particular for workday deployments
- Provide advice on HR solutions and work with clients to optimise the processes and benefits of Workday (and other HR solutions) functionality
- Advise clients on the transformational aspects of Workday in relation to HR operating model, self-service and service delivery, mobility and process execution
- Advise on technical integration of the Workday application with other client and 3rd party applications such as payroll, benefits and finance systems
- Advise on data migration and data integrity as part of a Workday deployment engagement
- Support the delivery of other Technology Consulting projects at our clients (e.g. large programme management, independent assurance, IT strategy, vendor selection & IT due diligence)
Developing new business:
- Support business development and sales initiatives including bid, proposal and contract / commercial negotiations with our Workday clients
- Support the creation of tailored market relevant Workday offerings for National Markets clients
- Expand the Powered Enterprise footprint and create opportunities at National Markets clients by working closely with other Senior Managers, Directors and Partners across the business
- Build your network both internally within the firm and externally
Developing our practice & capabilities:
- Support the wider growth of the European Workday practice through sharing knowledge, supporting the development of thought leadership
- Support the wider Technology Consulting practice through practice development efforts, proposition creation and individual & team training
We are seeking a talented individuals with experience of Workday implementation. This is a high profile role within the team with a strong focus on client delivery and supporting the wider business development effort at our clients.
- A natural team player with an ability to work as part of cross functional teams (KPMG and clients)
- Creative problem solving ability whilst working in ambiguous situations
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills with a collaborative style
- High degree of personal motivation, ability to self-manage whilst being professional and personable
- Ability to bridge between KPMG solutions teams (e.g. Workday / Enterprise solutions) and client issues
- Strong knowledge of HR, Payroll, and talent management and business enterprise applications.
- Ideally possess hands on experience of Workday HCM, including one full life cycle Workday implementation
- Ideally, possess a level of Workday certification
- Possess a sound working knowledge of how HR services are delivered at the process level
- Hold at least one or more Programme & Project Management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, MoR, MoP, 3PO, APMP etc) or related qualifications (Business Analysis, Testing, Architecture etc).
- Proven IT experience to be able to demonstrate prior capability and client empathy
- Ability to talk to clients on current technology issues
- Degree educated or a professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACMA etc. preferred
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
We are seeking a candidate that has experience of:
- Experience in working with all phases of an implementation life cycle and knowledge of implementation methodology
- Delivering Workday (or other HR focused technology) transformations, preferably with direct experience of Workday HCM system design, build and deployment
- Configuring and/or project manager of enterprise software deployments (or equivalent)
- Managing workstreams and deliver of discrete delvierables as part of larger HR transformational projects, either to in-house or external customers
- Working with and demonstrating levels of managing cross-functional teams
- In addition to Workday / enterprise software experience, ideally possess knowledge & experience in at least 1 or more of the following technology areas / capabilities:
- Mobile & digital solutions
- Cloud Computing
- Application Development & Maintenance
- IT sourcing, including systems selection & vendor due diligence
- IT strategy & governance
- IT Service management & improvement
- PMO, Portfolio or Programme Management in an IT context
The role would be preferably based in the midlands (KPMG Birmingham office) but other offices would be considered for the appropriate individual.
Regardless, the willingness and ability to travel within the UK is essential for the role.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly Equal Opportunities employer.