Product Data - Domain Owner, Open to flexibility
Product Data - Domain Owner, Open to flexibility
- Masters degree or equivalent experience in scientific, mathematics, informatics or computational sciences
- Demonstrated successful experience in delivering informatics solutions to scientists
- Broad knowledge of drug development with deeper experience of product development, clinical supply chain and manufacturing.
- Experience of data stewardship and data standards.
- Sound knowledge of the data types and sources (internal and external) relevant to the product domain and how they can be used and combined to improve and advance decision making
- Demonstrated skills in matrix or line management of scientific staff
- Demonstrated competencies to work, collaborate and deliver with external partners (e.g. technology providers, academics)
- Leadership of change programmes
- Demonstrated experience of data curation strategies
Why using our product data so important ? ..
Development of the physical product is a key GSK deliverable to patients. Underpinning this is the value we create through the data that supports our products. This exciting new role provides the opportunity to fully leverage that data to its maximum potential through the product lifecycle across R&D and our commercial manufacturing and supply organisations.
This is a pivotal, exciting opportunity to play a role in delivering GSK with re-usable data domain assets that enable R&D to create insights and knowledge and support faster and more data driven decisions. The role will drive improvements in the way that medicines are developed, supplied and transferred into commercial manufacturing maximising value for patients across our clinical and commercial supply chains.
Maximising this accessibility, via “data domains” that group like-minded data together, is a key part of utilising the new tools and capabilities being introduced by the R&D Data CoE. This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside the Data CoE and harness the new technologies being invested in.
How can you help ? - Summary of new role ..
This role is an exciting opportunity to set-up and execute the product domain strategy. The role requires data, informatics and business experience, significant thought leadership and strategy execution skills.
As the strategic owner of data within the Product Domain, the holder will be responsible for ensuring the data generated by the CMC groups who develop the physical product (Small Molecules, Biopharmaceuticals, Cell & Gene therapies ) is of the appropriate quality to enable re-use across the different product modalities, the clinical supply chain and the GSK manufacturing organisation. The role holder will also ensure alignment and execution of the data strategy with our external partners who generate product data on behalf of GSK.
The role owner will be a data provider to the analytics and informatics activities ongoing across the CMC groups who develop the physical product and the clinical supply chain organisation and support articulation of the ROI of the business opportunities in alignment with the overall Data CoE strategy.
The Product Domain will harness the R&D Information Platform, Data CoE processes and work alongside Domain Owners spanning other business areas in R&D, a great opportunity for exposure to wider business processes across GSK.
A key part of the role is to lead security and access policies for the domain in alignment with the R&D data strategy and internal security and access committee. Through that role, the owner will work closely with Data Stewardship/Management and the Data Integrity Council.
Leads a partnership with the relevant R&D business lines, Data CoE, Domain sponsors and domain stakeholders (providers/consumers) to plan on a 1-5 year horizon including;
- Leading definition of Domain scope and population (data sources/types) ordering including oversight on the quality of the data, length back in history (scientific/business obsolescence), cost vs. curation, and prioritisation of emerging strategic and new sources internally and externally
- Leads the oversight and governance Domain sensitivities/security/access/legal/GxP considerations (eg asset divestment)
- Thought leadership on Domain standards, ontologies (both content and metadata) and the processes / resources for on-going curation
- Sets and delivers Domain integration requirements to the Platform team and business lines
- Co-owns Cross-Domain collaboration (how does this domain fit into the ecosystem), how data is shared across domains and how it is used longitudinally.
- Prioritisation and value monitoring
Delivers the data curation process including negotiation and change management of data creation with appropriate meta data and embedding of new processes to standardise data for example machine learning approaches.
Works alongside the Data CoE and R&D IT ensuring the domain strategy has a supported and sustainable IT roadmap.
Provides line/matrix management leadership of data experts where needed
Supports the Informatics and Data Lead in the implementation and sustainability of Product Insight across the CMC product development groups. (Small Molecules, Biopharmaceuticals, Cell & Gene therapies )
Leadership at an enterprise level prioritising trade-offs and ensuring we focus on the data that will be re-used to drive transformational value is essential.
This role operates across all/multiple R&D business lines as part of the CoE, and also within the relevant business lines – for example PCPS or PTS with support and guidance from the Data CoE. The impact of this role will span R&D and also set GSK up as having competitive advantage against external competitors.
The Domain strategy and delivery is supported directly by Patrick Vallance and the R&D exec and the domain owner will work with the R&D exec right through the lines to people creating and curating data
Closing date for applications: 23rd May 2017
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.