Manager, Study Delivery, Open to flexible working
Are you energized by the opportunity to partner with key leaders in global medical science to enhance global operational support? If so, this Manager, Study Delivery could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
This job within VEO Study Delivery and Quality Operations combines end-to-end design, execution, and reporting of clinical studies and trials including:
- Interventional studies (including randomized clinical trials)
- Non-interventional studies using primary data collection, including prospective studies enrolling patients and or/HCPs, de novo registries, discrete choice experiments, creation of new datasets with secondary data (e.g. with EMRs/chart abstraction), patient reported outcomes development and validation
- Non-interventional comparative and descriptive studies using secondary data sources, including retrospective studies, burden of illness and drug utilisation studies, prevalence/incidence studies of exposure, risk factors and outcomes
- Studies utilizing a mixture of existing medical data and the collection of new data via sites or directly via patients
- Economic modelling studies and supplemental analyses of clinical trials/meta-analyses
Key attributes include scientific credibility, demonstrated ability to input to and influence studies/projects through scientific and operational expertise, and demonstrated excellence in stakeholder management. This job requires the ability to lead and drive change, strategic thinking, solution-finding, and agility as evidenced by flexibility, adaptability to change, curiosity..
Essential behaviours valued include: The ability to lead and inspire others, continuous improvement and learning, and effectiveness at building networks of partners and stakeholders. A track record of applying experience and judgement towards project decision-making, effective peer review, and shared learning is essential.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Planning and leading the delivery of VEO studies to time, quality, budget, company standards and scientific requirements from concept protocol to final study report.
- Accountable for coordination and delivery of a fully feasible Study Protocol, Informed Consent Forms, operationally robust study documents and Clinical Study Reports.
- Accountable for the study delivery strategy (e.g. country selection, diversity, patient identification and engagement strategy, recruitment plan, digital platforms/tools etc).
- With the majority of VEO studies fully outsourced this role includes responsibility and/or accountability to drive assessment, selection, engagement, and management of appropriate vendors.
- Ensure compliance with ICH/GCP & ENCePP guidelines and/or applicable guidelines for VEO studies such as Good Pharmacovigilance Practices (GVP), Good Epidemiological Practices (GEP) and CIOMS, all applicable laws and regulations, and GSK SOPs, for all products and services delivered for their designated studies.
- Make decisions which balance risk/benefit with clear understanding of impact on the study and project; acts to mitigate risk where appropriate.
- Work with matrix partners, Study Delivery Director and/or manager to develop and manage study level budget within project budget allocation
- Requires active partnership building for their portfolios and collaboration with therapy aligned staff in other functions. Interact effectively across boundaries with other global functions using influencing and relationship-building skills
The position may include:
- Leadership of a study team with single point accountability for delivery of the study
- Have primary responsibility and be a focal point of contact for interactions with specified Value Evidence Leaders/Scientists, Epidemiologists, Medicines leaders (e.g. MDLs, PPLs, GMALS), and other key stakeholder groups including data management, biostatistics, legal, compliance, project management.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or related field
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry and the clinical development process
- Experience in study management and knowledge of essential regulatory guidelines worldwide
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- Advanced degree (e.g. MS, PhD, PharmD) or equivalent experience
- Proven expertise in the proactive identification of issues which may impact clinical programmes coupled with the ability to contribute to solutions affecting cross-functional matrix teams
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading in a matrix environment to deliver projects, develop clinical plans, and manage change.
- Ability to establish and build internal and external relationships at all levels in a highly dynamic and matrixed environment
- Highly developed communication skills appropriate to the target audience, promoting effective decision-making where necessary
- Ability to work independently and proactively and to take on leadership roles on cross-functional study teams
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.