Deloitte Return to Work Programme 2017 - Audit – Manager and above, London
Return to Work Programme - September 2017, Open to flexibility
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a voluntary career break of two year or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer our clients and business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to readapt and get your career back on track.
The programme aims to encourage women back into the workplace, but is open to all. Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from group induction sessions, mentoring and project experience, and the chance to work within one of our service lines. At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to convert to a permanent role at Deloitte.
This is your opportunity to join our Audit practice as part of the Return to Work Programme.
Our Audit business has recently undergone an exciting transformation and is made up of four distinct business streams: FTSE, International, Financial Services and Private Markets. Each providing market leading, client specific audit and advisory services to our clients.
For the programme, we currently have multiple roles available within our FTSE, International Markets and Private Markets teams.
FTSE - our Corporate FTSE group is focused on UK businesses registered on the London Stock Exchange and includes the most recognised and highest profile clients in the UK. It brings together both our largest and most influential clients and our most ambitious and high growth listed clients. You will have the opportunity to work with some our most recognised, highest profile clients in the UK.
International - our International Markets group portfolio of clients include some the largest and most successful businesses that Deloitte work with in the UK. They are complex, influential and exciting. This work is for those who respond to the intellectual challenge of understanding a clients’ business and key controls. As you progress, there will be opportunities for foreign travel and overseas secondments to key geographic global markets of the Americas, APAC and EMEA.
Private Markets – Our clients range from Private Equity owned businesses and the UK’s largest privately owned businesses to high growth, dynamic entrepreneurial companies. The Private Markets business is a multi-million audit and advisory market and we have already demonstrated great success, and high growth, over the past 2 years. Opportunities exist to do a mix of audit and non-audit work, and closeness to the business owner, will allow you to develop into a ‘trusted advisor’.
London. Opportunities available to work from home or an office closer to home when not required in the office or on client site.
Fixed term contract for 20* weeks on a part time basis (80% or 4 days a week) *NB for some roles this will be extended to 25 weeks due to project duration.
- Managing key audit relationships across our Audit business streams
- Identifying and developing both audit and advisory opportunities with new and existing clients
- Leading audit teams and developing junior team members to reach their potential
- Ensuring all regulatory changes are implemented and complied with both internally and on client engagements
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them including having a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To be eligible for the programme, you must:
- Have taken a voluntary career break of two years or more
- Be interested in returning to work permanently
- Have five or more years’ experience within professional services or industry
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be available to start on 18 September 2017 and be able to commit to the duration of the programme.
To be considered for one our Audit positions, you will also need to have
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent)
- Thorough knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS, as well as knowledge of US GAAP reporting
- Proficient understanding of financial reporting and controls
- Able to evidence a track record in establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Experience of motivating and leading teams
- An ability to implement solutions to address changes in regulatory requirements
- Experience of auditing organisations in one of the above business streams
- Experiencing of working with FTSE Listed, International or Ltd company clients
- Experience of auditing clients to PCAOB regulations is desirable, but not essential
- The ability to work under own initiative and in many different and challenging environments
- An ability to play an active role in the business development process
- Significant presentation and business writing experience
You are here: Audit
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting. As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte? We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society. Join us and be a part of our success.
What do we do? Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value? At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.