Programme Manager, IT Business Services, Enabling Functions, Open to flexible working
Everyone knows technology is the fastest changing industry in the world. Creative and experienced Programme Managers like you will shape this evolving IT landscape and transform how our IT change programmes will improve business performance. Your mentorship, support and collaborative style will give your team members the self-confidence to innovate and the skills to reach their full potential. We are keen to hear your ideas to enrich and mature our operating model and drive the continuous improvement of our project delivery.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
A Programme Manager is the leader of a collection of projects and other initiatives which together contribute to the delivery of a significant improvement in business performance. Their role is to work with business leaders to define and lead the programme, including establishing the overall benefits and business case, the sequence and scope of enabling projects and the business change activities that are needed to realise the overall goal.
The Programme Manager is responsible to the programme sponsor for the successful delivery of the whole of the proposed change, and achieving the business benefits. Programme Managers will also have career coaching and developmental responsibility for a number of Senior PMs, PMs and Assistant PMs. Programme Managers will report to the Portfolio Manager for operational matters but will be coached by the Director of Business Change.
The Programme Manager is responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining the overall programme benefits and business case
- Defining the programme’s Governance structure
- Working with the Programme Sponsor to ensure effective stakeholder engagement and lead the business change activities
- Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate action, focusing on consistency and coherence with other programmes and corporate and IT strategic initiatives
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and overall integrity of the programme so that projects are delivered into service with risks appropriately managed
- Managing the programme’s budget: monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses, identifying opportunities to increase value for money achieved
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Ensuring delivery of new products or services from the projects is of the appropriate quality, on time and within budget in according with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme’s individual projects
- Work with procurement and vendor relationship, to ensure the third party contributions to the programme and managed within appropriate commercial framework to manage risk and value for money
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing both dependencies and interfaces between projects
- Managing risks to the programme’s successful outcome
- Working with Business Change Managers to transition to the new business as usual mode
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the Programme Board
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
- Stakeholder Management
- Governance Arrangements
- Business Case
- Benefits Management
- Procurement and Contract Management
- Team Management
- Risk, Opportunity and Issue Management
- Change Control
- Consolidated Planning
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 180429