Head of Cloud Risk, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Job Share, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
This is a transformative and exciting role that requires an experienced and self-motivated professional with a proven record of identifying, organising, leading, and controlling the risks of an organisation in order to deliver top class services to our customers.
A successful candidate will work alongside all parts of the business to assess the robustness of the controls being applied to all types of Cloud solutions used by the Group.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, identifying and facing big challenges and adjusting to sudden and frequent change.
The right candidate is someone who thinks big, understands risks, enjoys working across diverse teams and innovating to mitigate the risks through robust controls.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading Digital Bank serving more than 26 million customers and 1 million businesses. With over 16 million customers banking online, the Group continues its fast-paced digital transformation through adoption of new technologies and agile practices to transform the way Britain Banks.
In COO (Chief Operating Office) Business Risk we help to deliver our vision by executing day-to-day risk, control and monitoring related activities, focusing on Operational, Compliance and Conduct Risk. We're a first line of defence control function, responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective control framework, ensuring each business area is measuring, monitoring, and controlling risks within their areas of accountability.
What you'll be doing...
Join us in a role at the forefront of transformation identifying, organising, leading, and controlling risks in order to deliver top class services to our customers
You'll work alongside all parts of the business to assess the robustness of the controls being applied to all types of Cloud solutions used by the Group and balance strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, identifying and facing big challenges and adjusting to sudden and frequent change
Are you someone that thinks big, understand risks, enjoys working across diverse teams and innovates to mitigate risks through robust controls? If yes, read on...
Other accountabilities will Include
- Mature and further develop the Group's Cloud control frameworks in line with internal requirements, regulatory requirements, and external best practice
- Ensure quality and robustness of Cloud risk assessments and that the process is operated efficiently and effectively
- Ensure risk assessments provides quality risk-based insight. Prepare and interpret recommendations for action which also provide a basis for delivering challenging guidance, advice and influences decisions and behaviours in the business areas
- Be recognised by peers as a highly capable subject matter authority regarding Cloud risk and control with the gravitas to act as a representative for COO Business Risk
- Work with both the business and other areas in COO Business Risk to develop techniques for real time automated monitoring of Cloud controls and associated visualisation tools
- Own and drive relationships with key business stakeholder(s) to understand their internal processes alongside the macro environment to enable the identification of new and emerging Cloud risks
- Establish mechanisms to improve documentation, track progress, improvement efforts and monitor effectiveness
- Challenge and provide input into new Cloud approaches and technologies being explored by LBG and perform risk reviews, ensuring activities and risk levels remain within Group's risk appetite
- Proactively lead, develop, and maintain intra-group relationships across the Three Lines of Defence, e.g. Group Risk, Group Audit, to optimise results in areas of common interest
- Establish and build strong relationships with senior stakeholders to influence and challenge key business decisions and support successful development and delivery of business objectives.
- What we're looking for...
Someone with the ability to build strong collaborative relationships and influence key senior stakeholders whilst contributing to broader strategic planning and business decision-making by providing insight, control and thought leadership
Someone that loves to tackle problems and challenge the status quo with innovative ideas
We're also looking for the following:
- Validated risk expert with knowledge of Cloud engineering and Cloud platforms including delivery methodologies, tools and technologies gained within a banking or Finance environment
- Strong working knowledge of Systems thinking including business architecture
- Active knowledge and interest in industry innovation, with insight of the associated challenges, risks, and opportunities
- Knowledge of the operational and regulatory environment of business and technology
- A strong proven ability to create and deliver high quality outputs, clearly articulating the technical risks/issues in a clear and concise business language for use at senior executive level or by external parties (e.g. Regulators, Risk Committees)
In return, you'll learn new skills, technologies, and approaches to software development. As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and reach to give you a diverse range of opportunities to learn, grow and develop and to help you achieve a rewarding and fulﬁlling career!
You'll also receive a benefits package which includes:
- A performance related award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
We're committed to building a workforce which reﬂects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
So, if joining us at a critical and exciting time for our Cloud transformation appeals and this role sounds like it could be for you, click apply below!
Together we make it possible.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.