Office and Premises Manager, part time - 28 hours per week
The National Institute of Economic and Social Research is Britain’s oldest, and one of its most prestigious independent research institutes. We specialise in applied social and economic research, combining high academic standards with relevance to policy making. Our reputation for quality and independence, outstanding networks and unrivalled location at the heart of Westminster makes us the ideal base to build a national profile for academic or policy research that makes real impact.
We are seeking an 0.8 FTE Office and Premises Manager to join the Support Services team. Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer, the post holder will be responsible for the upkeep of the premises, including overseeing a program of remedial works. They will also manage the day-to-day running of the office, including reception, oversee our third-party IT provision and liaise with our data consultants to carry out some data protection activities. This role will be office-based and is for 28 hours per week.
The essential requirements we are looking for in the successful candidate are:
- Managing a programme of building work.
- Managing third-party providers to deliver high quality services and holding them to account for service provision.
- Running tender processes for new suppliers.
- Using own initiative to make informed judgements with limited supervision and guidance.
- Experience of taking responsibility and ownership for tasks and following through to completion.
- Working effectively with staff at all levels of an organisation, ensuring confidentiality and discretion as appropriate.
- Managing roll-outs of new processes or procedures to staff.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to get across key messages and adapt style where appropriate.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety, fire and building safety requirements.
- Familiarity with and understanding of the scope and function of Sharepoint.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages, including Teams, word, excel, PowerPoint etc.
- A high level of attention to detail with the ability to produce a high standard of work without the need for reviewing or checking.
- Is flexible and demonstrates the ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Some knowledge of the requirements of the GDPR, or a willingness and capability to acquire such (training and support will be provided here)
To apply for this role, please send full CV and a supporting statement of no more than 1500 words setting how you meet the essential requirements outlined above. Please number each point and address these one at a time to ensure that we are able to fully consider how your experience, skills and abilities meet the needs of the post. Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of the role.
Please send your application via the application method below including details of your approximate start date.
Closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 21st February.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 24th February.