Operations Assistant, part time 20 hours per week over 5 days
About Coffee Bird
Coffee Bird is inspired by our family's love and appreciation for coffee, which started over 148 years ago. This passion has been passed down through six generations of coffee farmers in Central America. We are a mother-daughter team, connecting farmers and roasters together around the world.
At Coffee Bird we take time to earn the trust of the farmers we partner with. This allows us to trade directly with farmers, and, because we need no further intermediaries, we pay our farmers well and enable them to sustain their livelihood and invest in their farms.
We make sure that every farm we buy from upholds our values: treating the workers well, respecting the environment and producing superior coffee. Our farmers delicately care for our coffee, which leads to a mutually beneficial relationship. This ensures that everyone in the process is treated with respect and love.
Coffee Bird requires a highly motivated and enthusiastic Operational Assistant to support the CEO running the operations of the business.
- Obtain Shipping quotes
- Arrange delivery
- Coordinate with warehouse on arrival of containers
- Cross check shipping information on different documents and suppliers.
- Monitor landing date
- Communication with warehouse and arrange unloading slots
- Obtain and file digital copies of shipping documents (Phytosanitary Certificates, Certificates of Origin, Bills of Lading (or Seaway Bills) for each coffee
- Ensure receipt of hard copies of the above and file
- Order samples of each landed coffee from Warehouse
- Release customer orders from warehouse using it’s proprietary system.
- Update release tracker and relevant documents.
- Annual stock check and reconciliation of coffee at warehouse(s)
- Create labels and arrange lin bins for all samples of coffee
- Create samples
- Keep sample stock record and ensure adequate stock kept in office
- Create and print sample dispatch letter for each sample request (from webform, email, etc)
- Pick and bag samples
- Post samples to customer followed by an email
- Follow up on sample dispatches
- Create sales orders
- Send to customers
- File returned signed Sales Orders
- Enter details of orders in Sales Order Summary and Release document
- Send Farm Info pdf for relevant coffee(s) & farm photos
- Ensure all customers with correct delivery addresses are warehouse system.
- Order our coffee from customer websites, drink and give positive feedback
- Send monthly stock updates of reserved coffee to customers
- For overseas customers, check the Certificate of Origin, Phytosanitary Certificate and other document needs. Apply for these, obtain and send digital and hard copies to the customer.
- Finance House if applicable – set up tracking/recording system
- Maintain up to date customer and prospect details in Pipedrive, Xero and Xero Client List
- Through Receipt Bank log all incoming invoices to Xero
- Maintain creditor due list and time payments to be made
- Credit Control
- Check shipping invoices against quote
- Check warehouse and release invoices against stock and quoted prices
- Strong analytical skills to analyse pricing, sales and stock using excel
- Maintain up to date Offer List
- Create and file employment contracts
- Maintain adequate office supplies
- Create cards on Trello for tasks and daily check they are completed
- Create and maintain sales history reports
Cuppings in London
- Send Invites
- If not in office book venue
- Organise all needed equipment, labels etc and ensure coffee is roasted in time
- Set up cupping sheets for attendees for the coffees to be cupped
Cuppings outside London/MD travel
- Create Itinerary with relevant of travel details, hotels, embassy details, contact details
- If required book travel, hotels etc
- Assist with packing all necessary equipment
- Create cupping sheets for all attendees
- Maintain office supplies
Any research, admin or other assistance as needed by the MD.
- £25,000 pro rata
- 20 hours per week, Mon- Friday 4 hours per day
- Flexible Working
- Require to be in office 2-3 days a week.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter via the application method below detailing how you meet the requirements of the role.