Return to Work Programme 2017 - Financial Advisory, Transaction Services – Manager
Return to Work Programme – September 2017 - Open to flexibility
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a voluntary career break of two year or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer our clients and business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to readapt and get your career back on track.
The programme aims to encourage women back into the workplace, but is open to all. Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from group induction sessions, mentoring and project experience, and the chance to work within one of our service lines. At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to convert to a permanent role at Deloitte.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's growing Financial Advisory Transaction Services team. Working on high profile assignments with some of the best in the field, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, with a mix of both corporate and private equity transactions, within a highly commercial, client focused environment. Our team provides clients with dedicated support for a transaction or potential transaction. Typically, this involves the investigation of the target from a variety of perspectives to ensure significant value items, risks and other matters have been identified and considered by our client and assisting them in making an informed decision regarding the transaction.
Our core services include acquisition and vendor due diligence, bid defence and support and reporting accountant services for capital market transactions. Typically, we work within a wider deal team which accesses the firm's vast range of specialist expertise including commercial and operational due diligence, sale and purchase agreement negotiation, real estate, treasury, pensions, modelling, fund placement, merger integration, IT and business intelligence. We also often work on international assignments involving cross-border as well as cross-service line teams requiring our people to build wide networks across both the UK and International firm.
Birmingham. Opportunities may be available to work in an agile way which could include working from home when not required in the office or on client site. Please note: whilst you will be allocated to a base location outside of London, you will be required to travel to London in the first two weeks of the programme for the firmwide induction and other training sessions. You may also be required to travel to London for other group sessions during the 20 week programme.
Fixed term contract for 20 weeks on a part time basis (80% or 4 days a week)
- To develop an understanding of target businesses and their drivers
- Interpretation and analysis of information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information on the target business
- Reviewing and analysing historical trading, cash flow and balance sheets
- Reviewing and analysing projections, and underlying assumptions
- Reviewing the adequacy of working capital facilities, including consideration of financing limits, term and covenants
- Evaluation of potential synergies
- Reporting of potential key issues for our clients including identification of risk or price affecting considerations
- Reviewing sale and purchase agreements and correlating findings of the due diligence process therein
- Reviewing financial structures and associated credit agreements
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To be eligible for the programme, you must:
- Have taken a voluntary career break of two years or more
- Be interested in returning to work permanently
- Have five or more years’ experience within professional services or industry
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be available to start on 18 September 2017 and be able to commit to the duration of the programme.
To qualify for this role you must also have/be:
- ACA qualified (ideally first time passes) or equivalent qualification/experience
- Strong academics (2:1 degree with strong 'A' level results) or equivalent qualifications / experience)
- Some relevant transaction services experience/exposure
- Evidence of team leadership and management ability
- Broad financial and commercial experience, having demonstrated achievement either within a professional services organisation or corporate
- Strong report writing and reviewing skills, with an appropriate focus on conciseness and risk management
- Experience of working in client focused role, ensuring high quality service
You are here: Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services. We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities. Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte? We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society. Join us and be a part of our success.
What do we do? Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value? At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.