Return to Work Programme 2017-Financial Advisory, Real Estate Consulting–Assistant Director
Return to Work Programme ,September 2017 - Open to flexibility
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a voluntary career break of two year or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer our clients and business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
The programme aims to encourage women back into the workplace, but is open to all. Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from group induction sessions, mentoring and project experience, and the chance to work within one of our service lines. At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to convert to a permanent role at Deloitte.
The Real Estate Consulting group advises property owners, occupiers, investors and lenders on their complex property-related business issues including operational excellence within the corporate real estate environment. Our team of property, finance and construction professionals - including chartered surveyors, cost consultants, engineers and accountants - draws upon deep industry experience and the full service capability of the wider Deloitte firm to create innovative solutions to real estate-related business challenges for our clients across a range of industry sectors.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Director or Director of Operational Excellence for the Corporate Occupier team. As part of the dynamic and highly successful Real Estate Consulting team, you will have the opportunity to combine your specialist technical skills and industry knowledge to advise clients on all aspects of real estate-related business matters. Working on high profile assignments with some of the best in the real estate field, you will be exposed to a wide variety of projects within an extremely commercial, client focused environment.
London (with opportunity to work from an office closer to home or from home when not required in the office or on client site).
Fixed term contract for 20 weeks on a part time basis (80% or 4 days a week) Opportunities across service lines to work in an agile way (i.e. from home or in an office closer to home).
- Lead the growth of a team focused on helping occupiers in increasingly volatile and regulated markets.
- Market, develop and ratify our corporate occupier propositions winning new and repeat profitable business in your own right and in line with agreed targets.
- Leading the continued growth of a team focused on helping corporate occupiers
- Advising on corporate real estate (CRE) functions on all aspects of operational excellence (operational model, organisation design, processes, technologies, sourcing strategies, portfolio planning, workplace).
- Working with senior CRE stakeholders to develop and implement change projects.
- Identify and assess opportunities for development of this proposition to engage collaboratively with senior stakeholders to understand functional requirements, and translate these in to an overall strategic agenda that delivers operational excellence for our clients.
- To develop process, policy, tools and systems, and ensure robust delivery of products, services and relevant projects. Underwrite strategic designs for CRE operating functions including board papers and business cases.
- Lead and manage a team through end to end design and implementation of any subsequent operating model reviews including options analysis. In particular managing change on large impacted populations and stakeholders.
- To liaise with other Deloitte member firms to identify and implement opportunities where collaboration would lead to commercial benefit.
- Set clearly defined, detailed profit and turnover targets for your team and agree with your Group Head, and achieve these.
- Spend time on understanding specific client needs and ensuring that these are matched by the resources and skills/competence available.
- Understand the wider business environment, identifying opportunities and risks to your own business area and adjusting your business plan to exploit opportunities or manage risk as appropriate.
- Have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
To be eligible for the programme, you will need to have:
- Taken a voluntary career break of two years or more
- An interest in returning to work permanently
- Five or more years’ experience within professional services or industry
- The right to work in the UK
- Be available to start on 18 September 2017 and be able to commit to the duration of the programme.
In addition, to be eligible for this role you must also have/be:
- Experience within a Big 4 / corporate occupier / real estate services provider.
- Expert knowledge of corporate real estate (CRE) processes, operating models, portfolio planning.
- Effective working knowledge of CRE technologies and sourcing strategies.
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders to develop options to improve CRE operations.
- Experience in leading the preparation of robust financial analysis and business cases.
- Experience in leading joint teams of client and Deloitte resources.
- Experience in leading client bids and pitch.
- Knowledge of CRE-related legal, tax and accounting issues.
- A 2:1 degree and/or a relevant post graduate qualification with strong A-level results or equivalent qualifications.
- Sound understanding of commercial issues and sources of competitive advantage.
- The ability to build strong, effective working relationships and work on own initiative.
- Experience of managing and organising others.
- Excellent oral, numerical and written skills with the ability to write clear, concise reports.
- Sound ability to operate basic software including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Confident and proactive with a high level of drive, initiative and enthusiasm.
- Ability to travel as required.
You are here: Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporate's to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities. Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte? We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society. Join us and be a part of our success. What do we do? Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value? At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.