Part Time Finance Director (21 - 25 hours)
Our client is a not-for-profit Religious Charity, providing opportunity, community and education from various locations across the UK with a turnover of around £6m. The charity is seeking a Part Time Finance Director to be based at its small head office in North London. The role is likely to be a 3 day role or 4-5 short days (21 - 25 hours with flexibility needed at busy times). Occasional work from home will be considered, but regular work in the office is preferred.
Part of the senior management team, the new Finance Director will be responsible for all financial, administrative and risk management within the charity, reporting to the COO and Trustees. Key aspects will include:
- Managing the day-today finance function on Sage Line 50 (one bookkeeper reporting in)
- Producing monthly management information, P&L, B/S and cash flows
- Preparation of and constant monitoring of the annual budget
- Statutory accounts preparation, managing the year end audit, liaising with external auditors
- Monitoring numerous bank accounts and cash balances, ensuring liquidity at all times
- Risk management ensuring the charity complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for transaction processing systems and review of monthly payroll submission
- Monitoring financial operations across all sites in the UK.
This Finance Director role will suit an experienced accountant (Finance Director, Financial Controller, Finance Manager) looking for a Part Time role to suit lifestyle or other commitments. Charity or Not-for-Profit experience would be useful. A qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ACMA) is preferred although non-qualified candidates with suitable relevant experience may be considered. The relevant candidate does not need to be religious or affiliated to any religion.