Senior Finance Business Partner - Sustainability, Open to flexible working
Diageo has been big in it’s environmental and sustainability goals through 2020. Most recently Diageo has set a wider set of 2030 ambitions which includes but is not limited to being sustainable from Grain to Glass. This has specific annual targets to deliver improvements in carbon emissions and water usage, and on top we have committed to being compliant with TCFD guidance. There are therefore three key dimensions to this role; Ensuring that climate systemically informs strategic investment planning and decision-making processes and is embedded into the management of risk and opportunities across the organization at all levels. Ensuring that material climate-related risks, opportunities and strategic decisions are consistently and transparently disclosed to all stakeholders, through integrated reporting and quantification of financial risks. Creates the framework for financial and business impact assessment and decision making and ensures this is consistent across Diageo
- Lead the plan development and implementation for implementation of TCFD compliance for Diageo Corporate Finance based on the group Strategy, internal and external commitments
- Be the connection between the business, our auditors, Investor Relations and Corporate for all matters pertaining to sustainability and TCFD in Diageo internal and external publications including but not limited to the Annual Report
- Strategic Partner for Diageo Sustainability Director; delivering commercial decision support & insight in an engaging & coherent way.
- Implement sustainability and climate risk considerations into everyday decision making across Markets, Supply Chain & Procurement including but not limited to Capital Investment decision making
- Develop financial models assessing financial impact of climate risk on NAM, Scotland and Water Stressed Sites for TCFD F21 Disclosure and to extend in subsequent years; (i) Leverage CCRA Findings to own and develop climate risk scenario for NAM and Scotland (ii) Leverage Water Risk Work to develop climate risk scenario for Water Stressed Sites globally, working with markets and analysts around the globe
- Develop the plan and then engage relevant Finance colleagues on areas where climate risk needs to be factored into our accounts and disclosure
- Identify asset impairment models where climate risk needs to be factored in and develop the approach to build climate risk into asset impairment models, then ensure appropriate roll out
- Provide input as needed to TCFD and Sustainability work including but not limited to Diageo’s viability statement, ESG Sustainability measures and the impact of climate change on Diageo’s base plan, implications and mitigation plans.
- Take personal accountability for a robust control environment ensuring compliance with latest audit requirements of our TCFD and sustainability programmes
- Drive standardisation & simplification across sustaintability and TCFD decision making and accounting
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- +8 years of relevant experience in corporate finance across commercial, supply and/or corporate functions
- Experience in external financial reporting preferred, those with management accounting experience including disclosures/risk assessment will be considered
- Proven track record of influencing and driving multi-functional leadership teams
- Demonstrated brilliant execution and deep personal accountability for great performance
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain genuine relationships based on mutual trust & respect
- Experience working across multiple countries/geographies/cultures
- CIMA/CA qualified preferred
Please click 'Apply to submit your application.