Return to Work Programme 2017 - Financial Advisory, Debt Advisory Manager
Return to Work Programme – September 2017, Open to flexibility
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a voluntary career break of two year or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer our clients and business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to readapt and get your career back on track.
The programme aims to encourage women back into the workplace, but is open to all. Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from group induction sessions, mentoring and project experience, and the chance to work within one of our service lines.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to convert to a permanent role at Deloitte.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's growing Debt Advisory team to provide advice to corporate, private equity and financial institution clients. You will be part of a team which specialises in providing unique and independent debt advisory solutions to clients by adding measurable value at every stage of a transaction.
Your role within this exciting team will be to assist clients achieve their funding objectives which will incorporate a wide range of debt engagements including advice on optimal capital structures, negotiating new money fundraisings, refinancings and restructuring existing debt facilities.
London (with the opportunity to work from an office closer to home or from home when not required in the office or on client site). There may also be an element of travel with this role.
Fixed term contract for 20 weeks on a part time basis (80% or 4 days a week)
As a manager within the Debt Advisory team your role will involve:
- Working on a range of debt advisory projects with regular interaction with clients, banks, advisors and other service lines
- Assisting with day to day management of transaction processes, including the preparation of information packs, management presentations, financial analysis and client communications
- Industry/company research for both deal origination and transaction analysis
- Financial modelling, including analysing business forecasts, evaluating scenario analysis and covenant calculations
- Contribution to marketing and business development activities
- Having a broad perspective of debt market trends
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To be eligible for the programme, you must:
- Have taken a voluntary career break of two years or more
- Be interested in returning to work permanently
- Have five or more years’ experience within professional services or industry
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be available to start on 18 September 2017 and be able to commit to the duration of the programme.
Debt Advisory is one of Deloitte's Super Growth areas, and as such will provide the right candidate with a unique opportunity to experience a wide and varied range of transactions. Debt Advisory is looking for exceptional candidates. To qualify for this role you must have/be:
- ACA qualification (or equivalent)
- Ideally some transactional experience gained on client engagements
- Proficient numeracy skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to absorb and analyse large amounts of data quickly.
- Committed to delivering an exceptional service to clients, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships
- Sound commercial acumen and understanding of UK financial markets and debt-related products
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Proven project management and organisational skills
- The ability to undertake detailed financial/commercial analysis for inclusion in presentations and client reports
- The self-confidence/appetite to be involved in business development activities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop, coach and motivate junior members of the team
You are here: Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society. Join us and be a part of our success.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.