HR Advisory Assistant - Sickness Management Team, HR Services, Enabling Functions, 7 Month FTC
Practice Support Services require a Senior Assistant to support the smooth running of the Advisory functions within the HR Services function. The primary function of this role is to provide Tier 2 level sickness advisory support to employees, managers and Partners across a wide range of sickness absence management processes and issues, as well as providing advice on more complex queries where the HR Helpdesk and HR Services teams are unable to fully respond. The role also supports internal and external escalation management.
The HR Services team totals 184 people, 113 of whom are based in Milton Keynes and Cardiff (including the Helpdesk Manager), and 71 of whom are based in Hyderabad, India, all as part of the Shared Services Organisation. The Shared Services Organisation is based in the UK and India, supporting the UK and Swiss Firms comprising approx. 20,000 Partners and staff including 24 UK Offices and 6 Swiss offices.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
This role provides day to day sickness advisory support to employees, managers and partners across Deloitte UK through case management and as escalated by the HR Helpdesk and HR Services teams.
- Managing cases as allocated within the team, ensuring appropriate follow up and management of individuals and stakeholders.
- Provide a client focused experience through the timely and accurate completion of queries and activities.
- Ensure effective utilisation of case management tools ensuring all records are kept up to date and accurate.
- Take ownership for queries and escalations, escalating to the Team Leader if necessary or specific cases to the appropriate HR Services team, our Workplace assessment provider, Occupational Health provider or Permanent Health Insurer.
- Provide timely and effective handover, where appropriate, of cases that require input or completion by the wider HR community.
- Liaison with other HR Services teams as appropriate.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a 7 month fixed term contract opportunity. The role is to be worked on a full time basis.
Your professional experience
- Previous sickness case management experience, ideally from within a generalist HR team
- CIPD or other relevant HR qualification: working towards preferred but not essential
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, with the gravitas to command professional respect at all levels
- A confident delivery of verbal and written communications with excellent attention to detail.
- Advisory skills: ability to work in ambiguous situations and provide clear/best fit solutions
- Commercial awareness & risk management: Strong awareness and understanding of the current environment within which we operate; able to adapt recommendations or advise as appropriate
- Demonstrate a professional, friendly and approachable manner coupled with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels, especially when under pressure.
- Able to work using their own initiative, showing attention to detail and customer focus, with a good understanding of the client’s needs and priorities.
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn new technologies.
- Committed to working with their team to maintain a positive team spirit.
- Good listener with a calm manner, and the ability to ask effective questions.
- Excellent customer service skills and a good telephone manner.
- Must be a supportive team player who is reliable and respects others, with a desire and drive to meet and exceed team targets.
- Required to project a professional image of the Shared Services Organisation at all times, and shows an interest in the external industry.
- Must demonstrate a methodical, analytical and clear approach to problems.
- Is able to act with urgency when necessary.
- Is open, receptive and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrates integrity and a can do attitude.
- Previous administration experience required.
- Experience of the core Microsoft Office packages is essential, and knowledge of SAP or other HR systems is preferable
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 179416