HR Administration Manager, HR Services, Enabling Functions, FTC - 9 months
HR Services requires a Manager to jointly oversee the smooth running of the HR Administration team within the HR Services function of the Central Business Services. The primary function of the role is to work closely alongside our other HR Administration Manager to lead the HR Administration teams in the delivery of an excellent customer centric service, ensuring that service levels agreements are met and service improvements made. Your role will involve stakeholder management so the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key operational teams internally and more broadly across Deloitte is essential. You will also be responsible for dealing with escalations from within and about your team and will be expected to recommend service improvements, gaining buy in for any proposed changes and when agreed, driving them through to implementation with the support of the HR Services HR Administration Senior Manager and the Head of HR Services. You will support the implementation of harmonised ways of working throughout the next stages of development of HR Services as a whole.
The HR Services team are based in Milton Keynes, Cardiff and Hyderabad (India). The provide support to the UK and Swiss Firms comprising of approximately 20,000 employees (including Partners) based across 24 UK and 6 Swiss offices.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Leadership & Strategy
- Support the growth and development of services across the function and where appropriate the migration of services to our farshore support team in India. Supporting process streamlining, automation opportunities and adhering to set governance.
- Jointly take an active role in the recruitment, induction and on-going training and development of team members for all HR Administration teams.
- Be actively aware of all projects that could impact the service and take an active role in their successful delivery.
HR Administration Management
- Ensure the effective management of customer service levels and jointly (with peers) monitoring call, web chat and email volumes alongside team leaders across the teams.
- Produce weekly/monthly management information for review and discussion with other managers, identifying key trends, potential process improvements or learning needs.
- Effective Performance management the team, including regular check in’s conversations, the provision of honest and timely feedback and dealing with absence management/return to work interviews.
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Escalations & Complaint Resolution
- Ensure the effective resolution of escalations and complaints and take ownership for developing lessons learnt and making improvements where necessary.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Milton Keynes or Cardiff with occasional domestic and potential international travel. Deloitte offers agile working with the option to work from home on a regular basis.
This opportunity is a 9 month fixed term contract.
The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Monday – Friday between 8am and 6pm
37.5 hours per week
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Commercially minded with the ability to interpret business objectives and drivers.
- Has the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Does not accept the status quo and is proactive in identifying and implementing continuous service improvements.
- Proactively looks for new opportunities, suggesting credible and relevant business solutions.
- Able to manage strategic priorities in times of conflict
- Previous experience managing a service delivery function including monitoring and measurement of performance against KPI’s required.
- Experience of the core Microsoft Office packages is essential and knowledge of SAP or similar HR systems is desirable.
- Previous team management experience including performance and absence management.
- Experience of managing third party suppliers/offshore teams preferable.
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 180072