Global Talent and D&I Brand, Marketing & Communications Manager (Assistant Director)
The Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) function has an important role to play in helping to achieve EY’s ambition to create long-term value as the world’s most trusted, distinctive professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact.
Function: Brand, Marketing & Communications (BMC)
Sub Function: Global Talent and Diversity and Inclusiveness
Job Rank: Assistant Director
EY’s Global Talent team is seeking a Brand, Marketing and Communications specialist focusing on diversity and inclusion and other strategic talent initiatives.
Your key responsibilities
- Create moderate-to-complex global communications for our Diversity & Inclusiveness Office. These should inform and motivate various internal and external constituencies about EY’s D&I initiatives and strategy, taking account into global nuances and cultural differences.
- Develop and execute internal and external cross-channel marketing campaigns to promote D&I and strategic Talent initiatives. These include webcasts, videos, speeches, meetings, presentations, digital advertising, emails, etc.
- Work with senior leaders to develop plans to effectively communicate strategic objectives and initiatives
- Create, develop and manage the project scope and schedule for simple-to-complex multiple projects.
- Develop relationships with project stakeholders and manage their expectations. Negotiate with and influence project sponsors on project specific items.
- Understand the environmental factors affecting EY, the practice, and its markets.
- Present complex ideas and anticipate potential objections. Communicate any ramifications of decisions and issues to project stakeholders, and present alternatives
- Oversee campaign measurement to ensure effective reporting on return on investment
- Connect dots across internal and external messaging including social media and public relations
Skills and attributes for success
- A strong team player, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Excellent communication and networking skills – able to effectively manage and influence senior leaders as well as a broad range of internal and client facing professionals
- Ability to work in a high pace, agile environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to synthesize complex information into simple, high impact messages
To qualify for the role you must have
- Comfortable working across service lines, industry and/or your respective functional practice/internal client group
- Interest in furthering D&I progress
- Confident discussing key business issues with management
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent listening and interpretation skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills
- Strong project management skills
- A minimum of 5 years marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree, with a Marketing or Communications major
Ideally, you’ll also have
- High level of influencing and networking skills
- Ability to challenge views/perspectives while securing buy-in within BMC and beyond
- Experience with the use of a variety of internal and external channels to deliver initiatives to the target audience
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.