Head of Corporate Finance, some homeworking available
Our client is a developer, owner and operator of high-quality power and mining assets in Sub Saharan Africa. Sustainable development and transparency are at the heart of their business practice and they are committed to making attractive financial returns, whilst having a positive impact on the planet.
The operational businesses are supported by a newly formed and growing executive team in the parent company which has a particular focus on governance, financial reporting and sustainability.
They are looking to grow through development and acquisition and with this in mind are looking to recruit a Head of Corporate Finance to take responsibility for originating and managing all aspects of corporate fundraisings (equity and debt) as well as the origination and execution of selected acquisitions.
This is a role ideally suited to someone working in investment banking or in private practice as a lawyer who is looking for a new challenge in-house and responsibilities will include:
- Working with the senior leadership team and external advisors to identify the most appropriate sources of finance for the businesses.
- Leading the preparation of promotional materials, Information memorandum and virtual data room materials, including overseeing the creation of financial models.
- Negotiating and managing the due diligence process of financing, including co-ordinating timely input from all internal participants in the financing.
- Leading the execution of the documents, and completion of all Conditions Precedent and Conditions Subsequent to the disbursement of funds.
- Working with the operational management teams, and the executive leadership team to originate and evaluate appropriate acquisition opportunities.
- Preparing internal papers needed to gain approval to proceed with the acquisitions.
- Management of the due diligence and execution of any acquisition.
- You are educated to degree level with post graduate qualifications in either law or corporate finance.
- You have a minimum of five years' experience in corporate finance or M&A.
- You have experience of the entire funding and M&A transaction processes.
- You have excellent stakeholder and project management skills and are able to work effectively across the organisation in order to deliver a project on time.
- Experience of the energy, power or mining and metals sectors would be an advantage, as would experience of working in emerging markets (including sub-Saharan Africa) or with Development Finance Institutions (such as IFC, EID and AFDB)
- You can demonstrate an affinity with the ethical principles held by the group – those of sustainability, transparency and integrity.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to join a dynamic and ambitious business where you will be able to work with a high degree of autonomy under the guidance of an ambitious and entrepreneurial leadership team.
Flexibility: Full time with opportunity to work from home 2-3 days per week
Salary: £90k - £120k + bonus and attractive benefits package
Recruiter contact: Jennifer Brooks