Payroll Administrator (12 month FTC), Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Payroll Administrator role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You’ll work as part of a team to meet the deadline for processing monthly payrolls, as well as:
- Processing payments in line with statutory legislation
- Calculate and process payments in line with the firm’s policies
- Manage your own workload and support the payroll team to ensure targets are met, regularly reporting progress within team meetings
- Be a part of a team. Our Finance team provides valuable support to the business leaders of Grant Thornton, giving them, the information they need to monitor the firm’s results to achieve its strategy for growth.
- Take responsibility. In your role, within the Payroll team you will have responsibility for the monthly payroll inputting and checking, along with the rest of the team, ensuring all our people are paid accurately and on time.
- Build your brand. Given the importance of the Payroll Administrator, this role offers exciting opportunities for the right person to expand their knowledge
The minimum criteria
- You’ll have a working knowledge of payroll
- You’ll have experience of working on large scale payrolls and within a large team
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- You’ll have strong administration skills and be able to deliver a high standard accuracy rating
- You’ll understand current statutory legislation
- You’ll ideally have technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services
- You’ll have strong Excel skills as well as being commercially focused with the ability to delivery innovative solutions
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.