Finance Administrator -Part time - 3 days per week
1 day left
- Contract Type
Timewise is the UK’s leading change agent for flexible working and flexible hiring. We run a consultancy business that works with employers, helping them to leverage the business benefits of flexible working. We also commission research and are active in the media, aiming to shift the market for flexible jobs. And we run Timewise Jobs, a website promoting part-time and flexible roles.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Administrator for 3 days per week, and are open to a number of flexible working arrangements.
Purpose of the Role
Ownership of the day to day management of the finance department, providing support to the Finance Director and Finance Manager.
This role is a varied and interesting role, encompassing sales ledger and purchase ledger management, bank reconciliations, management accounting and payroll. You will need to be able to manage your time effectively across a number of different tasks simultaneously, and place a high emphasis on quality, accuracy, flexibility and efficiency.
- Assist the Finance Team in completing regular reconciliations, monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts, including audit preparation
- Monthly review and analysis of P&L expenses and credit card spend
- Assist with production of monthly balance sheet reports and reconciliations, raising accruals where needed.
- Manage intercompany accounting
- Ensure finance procedures are robust and followed correctly by everyone at Timewise to meet audit requirements, accounting standards and company policies
- Manage the sales and purchase ledgers including regular review of aged debtors and creditor
- Manage supplier forms, purchase orders and raise sales invoices
- Process expense claims and supplier invoices and raise payments
- Record bank receipts
- Undertake credit control procedures
- Assist with general finance administration, including: communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels; online banking connection and user changes etc, support the whole Timewise team with finance queries; credit card purchases, as requested by budget holders; ownership of the finance email inbox
- Manage all monthly payroll changes
- Ensure accurate monthly payroll data is produced and sent to payroll provider
- Co-ordinate the timely production of employee payslips
- Record payroll information in accounts
- Maintain employee records for pay and holiday allowance and support employees with questions about pay and holiday calculations.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal procedures and processes.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Finance Director
Skills and Experience
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with a flexible approach to managing and prioritising multiple tasks
- Knowledge of preparing payroll
- Experience working in a Finance department
- Strong analytical skills, able to think logically and work efficiently be comfortable manipulating data e.g. calculating vat, fractions and percentages
- Good accounting knowledge
- Experience preparing reconciliations
- Proficient in credit control procedures
- Ability to liaise with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- IT literate (proficient in the use of MS Office – particularly Excel, but also Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Xero software experience
- Relevant accounting qualification
This role is expected to be 22.5 hrs per week, ideally with some flexibility around days to fit in with business demands. We are open to discussing various flexible working options including some working from home
Please apply via the button below with your CV and a covering message.
This is a rolling recruitment and interviews may take place before the closing date, if this role is for you, please don't delay in applying!
We look forward to hearing from you
Apply for Finance Administrator -Part time - 3 days per week
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly