Audit Manager - CASS External Audit - Flexible Contracts
Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work flexibly.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract.
We are open to flexible contracts
Upon joining the firm you will have access to various training to give you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from a programme specifically designed to support flexible workers integrate into the firm and introduce you to other people across our networks.
Banking and Capital Markets (B&CM) Audit is the market leading banking audit practice, with an extensive portfolio of flagship clients ranging from global banks through to brokers, challenger banks and FinTechs. Our team of 650 experts, deliver audit services to our clients from offices across the UK.
Joining B&CM will give you the opportunity to work on both large and smaller audits. There is a broad range of client roles to align to your interest or give you a new challenge. Understanding our clients’ businesses and the risks they face is at the heart of what we do and is of utmost importance in upholding the highest levels of audit quality.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a CASS Manager in Banking & Capital Markets, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pursuing opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone
- Acting to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty
- Coaching others and encouraging them to take ownership of their development
- Analysing complex ideas or proposals and building a range of meaningful recommendations
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen, including responding to changes in CASS and other related regulations
- Using multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations
- Addressing substandard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations
- Developing a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients
- Managing a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focusing on building trusted relationships
- Upholding the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
Essential Skills and Experience:
- CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent) or
- equivalent work experience in Audit (international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience)
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have experience in CASS
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required
The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.