Part-Time Finance Director - part time 2.5 - 3 days per week
We are a small and dynamic London based Company Secretarial Firm, currently looking for an experienced and Part-Time Finance Director to join our fast-growing team.
Established in 2005, our reputation is high and we pride ourselves on the services we offer and the relationships we build with our clients.
The main objective of the role is to be responsible for establishing operational controls and processes, and financial management to ensure the overall profitability of the company and the various jobs we do for clients.
Reporting to the company owner, the person we are looking for needs to demonstrate an excellent understanding of strategy and financial management, processes and people management in a professional services environment.
Main responsibilities are as follows:-
Finance and Management
- Develop a pricing strategy to ensure that the Firm’s fee structure is adequate to recover costs and maintain and improve profitability
- Creation of Budgets, Forecast and Cashflow forecast
- Work closely with business development to ensure proposals adequately cover costs and profit targets
- Monitoring client work to ensure scope creep is promptly notified and charged to the client
- An understanding and an in-depth review of the invoicing and time logging for the Firm, to ensure ongoing operational profitability and effectiveness.
- Responsible for overall management of the invoicing system and process
- Establish operational controls and processes to improve efficiency and ensure all client costs are recovered from clients
- Ensure the company’s profitability. This will include monitoring the profitability of clients and of consultants/employees - by reviewing fees charged against timesheets and monitoring time written off
- Ensuring the invoices are prepared and issued on time, in accordance with the terms agreed with the clients
- Ensuring Client Billing Summaries are prepared and updated and correctly reflect the agreement with the client
- Ensuring clients receive monthly statements on time spent on affairs promptly
- Report to shareholder any issues with regards expense recovery, profitability
- HR responsibilities and team management.
Additional Finance Responsibilities
- Oversee and review bookkeeper’s work in Xero accounting software
- Prepare Monthly management accounts
- Oversee and review quarterly VAT returns
- Preparations of Budget, Forecast and Cashflow forecast
- Work closely with business development to review cost/benefit of marketing budget and other overheads
Have previous management experience Qualified Accountant with minimum of 5 years post qualified experience Must understand finance, budget and cashflow forecasts Preferable experience of working in professional services firm or transferable skills
- Have excellent Financial and People management skills
- Have good experience in developing and implementing controls and processes
- Have a genuine interest and understanding of the services offered by Bridgehouse Company Secretaries
- Be well organised and detail orientated Be proactive, efficient, self-motivated and a self-starter
- Be a positive ‘can do’ person with an ability to think ‘outside the box’ Be able to work independently and flexibly.
- Well connected / strong networking skills
- Keen interest to help support with Business Development
Bridgehouse Company Secretaries offers company secretarial and governance support to organisations in the private and not for profit sectors. We work with Directors, Chief Executives and Board Chair persons to improve governance within their organisations and ensure compliance with legislation and internal rules.
This position is part time 2.5-3 days per week.
Our team enjoying working with us because
- Actively support a healthy work/life balance and home-working
- Variety of workload
- Pro-active approach to learning and development.
If you are confident self- starter, looking for a new challenge, then we hope to hear from you soon. To apply for upload your cv and covering letter via the method below