New Product Development Manager - part time 4 days per week
3 days left
- Contract Type
We’re looking for an ambitious New Product Development Manager to join our brilliant London team. You’ll be responsible for developing innovative products within both the electrical beauty and traditional skincare space to help grow the this high-growth skincare and beauty tech brand - working with the internal team and alongside, key national and international retailers and online, through our own web store and via marketplace sellers.
Reporting to the NPD Team Leader, the role is responsible for managing idea development, industrial design, formulation and supply chain connections. You must be prepared for rapid innovation cycles, and thinking outside the box to help maintain our the fast-paced business growth.
We’re a small company and are looking for someone who fits our entrepreneurial culture – a self-starter with a zest for a challenge and navigating the unknown to make quick decisions; working seamlessly with the marketing and design team, consumers, external agencies, far east suppliers and senior management to bring ideas to life quickly and on budget.
You’ll have at least 3 years experience in managing NPD projects, ideally within skincare and or beauty. You should have knowledge of ingredients and regulatory processes. You should have experience of working with suppliers in both UK and far east / China.
Innovation / NPD Creation
- Work with Marketing to identify gaps and consumer trends to identify new NPD projects
- Run ideation workshops internally and externally to create and test NPD concepts
- Manage industrial design process, sample testing, supply chain timelines and production processes
- Work with finance to ensure cost appraisal and margin expectations are delivered on budget
- Manage product performance, usage claims and pack copy development.
- Manage regulatory / technical requirements, testing and conformity process for UK, EU and USA markets and claim substantiation.
- Support Sales and Marketing team with any launch phase go-to-market requirements with Marketing, managing trade samples and consumer testing
Manage Supplier Relationships
- Build positive relationships with suppliers in UK and Far East to be a loved customer.
- Find and source new relationships with suppliers of beauty in the UK and China
- Prepare product sourcing briefs and product spec sheets
- Manage critical path schedules for new and existing projects
- Manage NPD requirements and landed costing negotiations with suppliers
- Manage NPD QA and ongoing QA process for regular orders and batch control
- Managing returns and defect identification processes
Reporting and Analytics
- Provide competitor intelligence and updates from market place / supplier relationships
- Prepare monthly Stage-Gate overview to present projects to the wider time
- Manage risk profiling for the global market and environmental change
To apply for this exciting opportunity please apply by uploading your CV and covering letter via the method below.
Apply for New Product Development Manager - part time 4 days per week
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly