Financial Modelling Assistant Manager, Open to flexible working
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Job Description Summary:
The Financial Modelling capability within our Advisory business is an exciting and fast-growing team. We supply financial modelling services to clients across the whole umbrella of Advisory services, from corporate finance deals to operational change to restructuring and insolvency. We work as part of the firm's wider modelling community, sharing knowledge and best practice with other modelling experts.
We build, review and amend models across all sectors and diverse Advisory roles. Financial models underpin almost all business decisions and all corporate transactions. We supply the tools and analysis to help our clients understand the impact of their decisions before they make them. Most of our work is executed in Microsoft Excel, with some limited use of other programming. Our priority is delivering tools that are easy to understand, as well as flexible and robust in the face of change.
The Assistant Managers in the team have the primary responsibility for delivering the work product, working closely with clients and other Advisory teams to build, maintain and interpret financial models. You will work under the supervision of experienced modellers to build your skills, and also take a part in marketing and representing the team internally. This rare opportunity presents great scope to develop yourself and your career as the team grows.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this enter job title role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work - Developing financial models and other tools for clients to use for forecasting and business planning, reviewing financial models built by clients and their advisers and compiling initial views and findings.
- Be a part of a team - Contributing to reports being prepared by other Advisory teams (e.g. VDD, FDD, Corporate Finance, Restructuring), attending meetings with clients, and building rapport and developing lasting relationships based on trust and quality work. Taking an active role in supporting the growth of the team by pro-actively building your own network of internal and external contacts. Engaging with colleagues and making a positive contribution to the team’s culture
- Take responsibility - Contributing to model design discussions and preparing drafts of model specification documents. Coaching and sharing technical knowledge with colleagues.
- Build your brand - Using and adapting models in order to perform sensitivity and scenario analysis for deals and restructuring, understanding the results of models and engaging with clients and colleagues in meaningful dialogue about the implications.
The minimum criteria
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a numerate degree subject
- ACA or CA qualified (or equivalent) with a strong track record in professional exams
- Excellent Excel proficiency and a keen interest in learning more
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Interest in business issues and corporate finance
- Highly numerate with strong communication skills, and able to explain complex and technical matters to others in plain language
- Strong accounting skills and understanding of cash and working capital cycles
- Logical approach to problem-solving, attention to detail
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.