Programme Administrator, Part time 3 days per week
We’re looking for an adaptable administrator and all-rounder to work with us 3 days per week. You’ll be primarily supporting the co-ordination, communications and administration of our Community and Learning programmes, but you’ll also be joining a diverse community, where a passion for people and the ability to build relationships and represent our values are a must.
Likewise is a dynamic social care and mental health charity working at the heart of the Camden community to support individuals experiencing marginalisation and social exclusion. Our core purpose is three-fold:
- Community – building safe spaces for people to be themselves, and feel a sense of belonging, connectedness and acceptance
- 1-to-1 Support – flexible, person-centred support to meet the complexity a person experiences in their day-to-day life, whether at home or out in the community
- Shared Learning – providing experiential learning and formal training opportunities that support personal wellbeing and skills development, primarily through our volunteer and placement student programmes.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
First and foremost, we’re looking for someone to become part of the Likewise Team and be more than a traditional administrator. That’s someone who is:
- Passionate about people – and keen to work in an environment where there’s connection with a diverse range of individuals
- Curious and open to learning – about our work, values, and about themself
- Willing to step outside their comfort zone – and join a work culture that’s all about openness, challenge and learning
- Adaptable and keen to be part of our broader work – to join in a community event or sit and have a cup of tea with a client when the opportunities arise
- A good communicator and relationship builder – who can represent the organisation and hold relationships as someone, who will often be, the first point of contact
We’re looking for a competent Administrator to primarily support our Community and Learning Programmes. You’ll:
- Be the frontline of communication – providing information to university partners, prospective volunteers, placement students and fielding enquiries from community partners and other organisations
- Co-ordinate our recruitment process – placing our online advertising, managing the application process, scheduling interviews, drafting letters of offer, completing contracts and documentation, and drafting references
- Support the smooth running of our community offers including referrals, room bookings and co-ordination of events
- Manage our training offer – communicating with students, volunteers and training partners to schedule training, record attendances and complete certifications
- Update our volunteer/placement student and community databases
- Issue surveys and undertake basic monitoring and evaluation tasks across the organisation
- Undertake research to help us expand our programmes and make a wider impact
- Support other administration tasks across the organisation
Alongside these tasks, you can expect the role to grow as you do. We’re always keen to learn from the skills and interests our staff have to offer, so there’ll be opportunity to get involved in different aspects of the business and community where you’ve got the appetite.
- Permanent, part time
- Flexible approach to working hours and how these distributed across the week
- £25,000 full time, pro-rata to 3 days £15,000
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays rising by 1 day per year (pro-rata to 16.8 days + bank holidays)
- Workplace pension with an employer’s contribution of 8%
- For now the position will be based from home, but as the Covid restrictions evolve we would expect you to spend some of your time in the Likewise Hub based in Swiss Cottage, London
BRING YOUR WHOLE SELF TO WORK, IT’S ALL WELCOME
We’re passionate about creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity, inclusion and belonging. Organisations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical and mental health, ethnicity and perspective are vital to our communities.
Our hope is that every person who joins our community – whether as a staff member, client, volunteer or supporter – can feel safe to be themselves and our commitment is to creating working spaces and relationships where this is possible.
The application process will involve 3 stages:
- your initial application
- a group workshop and skills assessment
- and a final interview
For your initial application please send us your CV and a one-page Cover Letter by 5pm on Sunday 28th February.
In your Cover Letter we want to hear about what has led you to this role, what you’d like to learn from Likewise and what you’d like to contribute to it.
We’re looking forward to meeting the newest member of the Likewise Team!