Flexible Working Consultant, full time or part time hours considered
The Timewise Foundation is the UK’s leading change agent for flexible working and flexible hiring.
We are looking for an experienced consultant, with an HR / OD consultancy background, on a full time or part time basis for an initial 12 month contract. We are looking for someone who can take forward some of our latest consultancy projects around flexible working and flexible job design in retail, financial services and the public sector. You will see these projects through from start to finish, working with some of the UK’s biggest brand names. You will also contribute towards business development, helping scope opportunities to help other employers embrace flexible working and flexible hiring.
It is a great opportunity to add some discrete consultancy projects to your CV, building your business development and change management experience, working alongside the wider Timewise team.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To deliver consultancy for a major flexible job design change programme in the retail sector
- To support consultancy and accreditation projects in the public sector, predominantly in local government and the NHS
- To work on other bespoke consultancy and training projects focused on supporting employers to enhance their approach to flexible working, job design and flexible hiring practices to attract, engage and progress talent
- To help develop new consultancy or training opportunities for Timewise, identifying potential clients and developing proposals for Timewise services.
Consultancy and project management:
- Establish credibility and maintain relationships with clients
- Manage individual projects, and a portfolio of work, and keep it on track and to budget
- Understand the specific drivers and commercial or operational constraints faced by each client, and be able to relate these to flexible working
- Rapidly learn Timewise processes and practices, and be able to integrate these into each client’s pre-existing initiatives or issues
- Run client meetings, taking account of feedback and adapting process as necessary
- Make recommendations that work with each client’s strategic context and will ‘land’ with the individuals involved.
- After an initial probation period, holding a personal revenue target for securing new Timewise partner packages/consultancy/training
- Identify opportunities to promote Timewise and our services to employers through appropriate networks, industry and membership bodies
- Work with the marketing team to refine collateral to promote our services and keep updated.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong track record of running complex multi-function organisational change programmes, including building client relationships and keeping projects on track and to budget.
- Knowledge and experience of working with clients on flexible job design or, broader organisational development, resourcing and job design.
- Business / commercial acumen: able to rapidly understand operational concerns about flexible working, suggest ways of overcoming them, and guide clients towards appropriate action.
- Proven track record of business development, offering consultancy solutions tailored to client need.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, credible up to Board level.
- Preparing and giving presentations.
- Writing end-of-project feedback and reports.
- Experience of running training workshops on flexible working practices, understanding of the business case for flexible working, and flexible job design.
- In house experience in an HR / OD / Resourcing role.
- The post holder will work closely with the Timewise Director of Research and Consultancy, Charlotte Gascoigne, and the Programme Directors, Claire Campbell and Natalie Gill. You will also work with Emma Stewart and Karen Mattison, our joint CEOs.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- The initial post is for a fixed term of 12 months, with the possibility of being extended by mutual agreement.
- We are open to considering either full time or part time working for this role.
- The salary will be circa £50k FTE, dependent on skills and experience.
- You will be based at our office in Southwark, but there will be some travel to client sites in London and around the UK.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter highlighting how you meet the requirements of the role via the application method below.
First Interview date: Wednesday 2nd August
Second Interview date:Thursday 10th August