Bookkeeper. Part time-full time. ??25k pa
We have a rapidly expanding organisation based in Borehamwood who are looking to fill a role of Receptionist/ Administrator
The ideal candidate will be a very confident, outgoing and highly organised individual and ready to take charge and work within a highly skilled and motivated team. This is a very lively and friendly atmosphered company which was built from scratch by the owner who has a flair for tax/accounts and business support for the SME base of thriving organisations.
The role keeper will be championed in the following areas???
* Highly organised and have a diarised workload, client based of 400 and increasing
* Must have excellent communication skills as there will be a large proportion of time talking to clients to offer the best service and advice
* Good customer relationship building
* Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
* Match purchase orders with invoices
* Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
* Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts
* Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances
* Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
* Prepare quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes
* Five years experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
* Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
* Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks
* drafting payrolls and handling payroll queries
* auto-enrolment and pension queries
* preparing VAT returns
* liaising with clients and HMRC
* experience of TaxCalc, Moneysoft, Sage 50, Quickbooks, Smart Pensions, NEST
* Experience in services related to payroll such as writing cheques and submitting payroll taxes
* Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations
Previous accountancy practice would be an advantage but is not essential as we see this role as an opportunity for the ideal candidate to make this theirs by ownership rather than theirs by force. With this in mind the ethos will mould with the clients and colleagues alike.
If you are looking for a new opportunity within a thriving and expanding organisation who have a passion for customer service and assisting their client base, then you need look no further.
Hours, 9am-6pm, Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday
Salary will be ProRated at ??25.000