File Transfer Technical Specialist, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
- Must have 5 years + experience and successful performance in a similar role within the industry
- Must have 5 years + experience of Connect Direct on the following platforms: UNIX (all variations), Windows, iSeries, Tandem and zOS (Mainframe)
- Must have 5 years + experience of IBM Sterling File Transfer Products including: Sterling File Gateway, Sterling Secure Proxy, Sterling B2B Integrator and Sterling Control Centre
- Must have experience with other file transfer tools including FTP/SFTP and Axway Secure Transport
- Must have solid knowledge of TSO/ISPF, JCL, IBM Utilities is required
- Excellent knowledge of relevant technology and a broad understanding of related technologies and their application within a business environment.
- Service Delivery background with previous experience of production/live implementations and the industry governance around this.
- Ability to understand and influence high level technical design of Middleware components
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers and a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're in the middle of a £3bn investment into our People, Platforms and Data - with a Software Engineering led approach, all as part of our strategy to become the best bank for customers. It's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) to provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will reside.
Want to know more?
Managed File Transfer sits within the Service Optimisation and Resilience area within Group CIO. Our focus is to transform the IT tools and processes that underpin Group CIO's "business" of delivering a great IT service to the Group.
We monitor the implementation of IT change through all the testing and deployment and carry out investigations where things go awry so we learn the lessons and continuously improve how we do change - all for the benefit of colleagues doing their jobs and customers managing their finances.
Data is a big part of our job - we collect and use it to drive increased use of the IT tools by Group CIO colleagues to support the move to a more agile way of working
Core purpose of the role:
- Provide file transfer knowledge for supported applications across Group supported platforms
- Install, develop and maintain file transfer software according to business plans and to agreed standards and service level requirements
- Identify and remediate risks associated with the environment
- Support achievement of Group Service Assurance measures and the behaviours that these drive
- Ensure delivery to all customers is controlled in a standard and repeatable way using best practice processes and tools to deliver a world class service
- Good knowledge and experience of the technical and operational processes used to deploy, support and maintain the technical infrastructure and/or business application service
- Good diagnostic skills and an ability to analyse technical information from multiple sources, allowing the provision of highly effective solutions in complex environments with little need for escalation
- Demonstrate ability to learn technical subjects, with strong attention to quality and detail and getting it 'right first time'
- Work as part of a team in delivering complex projects or take a lead role in its delivery; helping with advice to other technicians
So what about you?
- Experience of Managed File Transfer Technologies (specifically IBM products such as IBM Sterling Connect:Direct and IBM Sterling File Gateway)
- Experience working in Banking or Financial Services
- Working knowledge of the Service Management toolset and general principals associated with Incident, Problem and Change (SERVICE NOW)
- Experience of Microsoft products including Word, Excel and Project
- Experience of managing major projects from End to End including solution or ad-hoc work requests particularly in terms of requirements gathering
What will you get in return?
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential. As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
You'd also get a benefits package that includes:
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
So, if you have the experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you.
Together we make it possible....
****The base salary range is from £46,200pa to £63,000pa. The role can be flexible in its location; based in proximity to the Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol or London areas. Applicants from the London area can expect the base salary to reflect this.****