Global Audit & Risk Lead, Open to flexible working
The Global Audit & Risk (GAR) function is a key component of Diageo’s governance framework, promoting the improvement of governance, risk management, controls and compliance by:
- Giving independent assurance over the quality of Diageo’s management of its key risks – both to the Audit Committee and to Executive management;
- Enforcing clear standards on governance, risk management controls and compliance and maintain excellent management assurance processes; and
- Supporting the Audit Committee and Executive management to understand Diageo’s key risks and risk management capability.
The role holder will be a part of a truly global diverse team based across a number of hubs including London, New York, Miami, Bangalore, Budapest, Shanghai, and Singapore.
Purpose of Role
Provide independent assurance on the effectiveness of risk management and controls across everything Diageo does. ‘Stand Tall’ and influence leaders (including the Diageo Executive) to take action wherever there are gaps and/or opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of controls.
Enable GAR to achieve our strategic goals of being the ‘Best Audit & Risk Team in its Peer Group’ and the ‘Best Place to Build a Career’.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Delivery of high quality and holistic risk management and internal audit assurance across a broad range of functions and geographies. Skillfully influence the Diageo leadership population to take additional / different action when gaps are found in the organisation’s management of risk.
- Lead audits with high level of complexity, assignment teams of up to 6 people to deliver high quality, impactful audits in accordance with GAR’s Ways of Working.
- Be a clear owner of the outcome of the audit, including sharing key lessons and insights with the relevant leadership population (including the Diageo Executive).
- Actively participate in the shaping and delivery of the GAR Strategy – owning elements of GAR’s Performance Promise (as agreed with the line manager) that help the function continually re-invent. Create and lead teams to help deliver the Performance Promise.
- Develop, commit to and action a self-development programme, and proactively contribute to the development of others in the team by playing a ‘buddy’ and coaching role.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience, including in a multinational (ideally multicultural/multilingual) corporate environment. Diageo finance, commercial or supply experience is required. The role includes a robust powerful start induction so while helpful, a background in audit is not required.
- Relationship management and business partnering skills – proven experience of building, developing and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders, especially senior management (including executive management). The ability to influence strategic decisions across the business.
- People management skills and the ability to influence and direct where appropriate. Own key business partnering relationships within the function; know when to make a difference and judge when to intervene.
- Experience in leading high performing teams (confidence in leading high-level project teams).
- Ability to plan and coordinate across a number of areas/stakeholders, plan an organise work in the context of scale (volume or value), complexity, and with strategic horizons beyond a year.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally (written and verbal). Fluent English is mandatory.
- Holistic understanding of Diageo’s primary financial/operational process and key risks.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.