Senior Accounts Assistant
Our customer is a long established family company, and are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant, at their office in Saxmundham, Suffolk. This is a full-time position, although part-time may be available to the right candidate.
You will work closely with the second member of the accounts team and report to the Finance & Operations Manager.
Your responsibilities in this role will include the following:
* Accounts payable
* Reconcile supplier invoices with goods received notes and delivery notes
* Ledger supplier invoices, credits and payments on our in-house system
* Perform supplier reconciliations
* Manage the supplier payment process
* Liaise with supplier contacts to resolve queries
* Accounts receivable
* Dealing with customer queries
* Performing credit checks, and entering data into our in-house system
* Ledgering customer payments and raising customer credit notes on our in-house system
* Sending invoices, credits and statements to customers, where required
* Expense management - matching expense invoices with delivery notes and ledgering expenses on Sage.
* Administrative tasks - you will be required to perform regular administrative tasks required by the company and also support the Management team with ad hoc tasks, as and when they are required.
* 5 years of experience working in an Accounts position, or less than 5 years of experience with either a relevant accounting qualification or a university degree of 2:2 or above
* Microsoft Excel (intermediate)
* Sage (desired)
Type of person we are looking for:
Our customer prides itself on recruiting enthusiastic staff who are looking to work with the team for years to come. Most of their team members have been at the company for over 10 years and have progressed to take on more responsibility within the company.
You should apply for this role if you are:
* Interested in the company and industry
* A team player - it is imperative we work together to provide the best customer service. We treat customers as we wish to be treated ourselves.
* Reliable - You should be punctual and able to work without close supervision, but also able to engage with management on relevant issues. In addition, the security of our stock and premises is critical to our operation. We must be able to rely on you to keep our stock and premises secure.
* Good with detail - our records must be accurate.
* Willing to take on whatever is required - for example, there may be occasions where you are asked to assist with additional tasks due to absences or requests by the Management Team. You must be adaptable and able to deal with varying paces of business activity.
* A problem solver - you may need to think outside the box to deal with issues as they arise.
Starting at ??30,000 per annum based on a full-time position working 8-hours per day.
Our customer is the wholesaler of premium products , accessories to many industries. The business is owned and managed by a family, and their business operations initially started back in 1909 in Southend. The business purchases goods from a handful manufacturers and sell them to business re-sellers. The business operates from two warehouses - one in north Kent the and one in Saxmundham.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From??25,000- ??30,000.00 per year