Regional Payroll Separation Lead, Open to flexible working
15-month fixed term contract Regional role: based in either EMEA, APAC or the Americas
We have a brand-new opportunity for a Regional Payroll and Project Management Expert to join GSK for a 15-month fixed term contract. You will be working closely with cross functional and multi country payroll local teams to prepare for the separation of the Consumer Healthcare business. Come and join us and together we can serve the patients around the world to do more, feel better and live longer!
Reporting to the Global Separation Payroll Lead, you will lead and support the local teams to successfully deliver payroll solutions in preparedness for separating the Consumer Healthcare business for one of our 3 regions, EMEA, APAC and the Americas. Please state in your application which market you are aligned to!
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the execution of the payroll separation for the region working with global and local cross-functional leads and the business stakeholders to deliver the implementation plan per market;
- Lead and support local operational payroll teams in the successful execution of separating payroll delivery for their respective local Day 1.
- Working with key stakeholders to ensure that the assigned project is appropriately agreed, planned, baselined and monitored from a schedule, risk, issue, resource, dependency, supplier and benefits realisation perspective.
- Ensure the project remains aligned with the strategic roadmap, ensuring that any scope creep is controlled and authorised by the Project Lead.
- Ensure that key project decisions, changes, actions, meeting attendees, directions are recorded and addressed in the project RAID log.
- Provide regular reporting to the Project Lead, project SteerCo, and project working group.
- Organise and chair meetings to gather requirements and explain/communicate key findings to Program Manager and Project main stakeholders.
- Work with other project leads to ensure that business requirements are documented and appropriately understood equally across the globe.
- Liaise with technical teams across IT, HR, Finance and third-party suppliers' systems to ensure that business requirements are understood and communicated.
- Coordinate training as required for business teams and internal support functions if required.
- Manage crisis or issue resolution through the project as new challenges are identified.
You will be a specialised payroll expert who has ideally led global or large-scale payroll transformation projects. You will be familiar working with regional complexities and have varied project experience to bring to the role. To be successful in this role you will need to be able to show resilience, with the ability to make decisions at pace based on complex information sources, be a passionate problem solver and able to drive projects forward. You will be confident in building relationships with various stakeholders across the organisation with the ability to influence with well-developed communication skills both in written and verbal form.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
You are likely to have experienced one or more blue chip multinational organisations where change is complex and fast-moving and have led large transformational payroll projects.
What else are we looking for?
- Payroll SME, with an expert level experience of managing teams and/or PM of Payroll/HR Systems projects
- Demonstrated project development and management for one or more blue chip multinational organisations where change is complex and fast-moving and experience with Microsoft Project is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in understanding how payroll and GDPR cross country data security and SOX compliance operates
- Demonstrated experience with Workday and interfaces
- Able to take responsibility to deliver against demanding projects or initiatives and meets criteria of time, cost, quality and performance.
- Excellent communication, promotional, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Strong decision making based upon sound flexible thinking and calculated risk
- Demonstrated crisis and issue management
- Located in one of the regions listed and/or willing to work flexibly to support a specific region
- Second language is preferable
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.