Customer Business Manager, Open to flexible working
GlaxoSmithKline is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to support our mission to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
As a Customer Business Manager you will drive and deliver a mutually profitable plan for Oralcare or Healthcare across key customers - worth over £10m Net Sales. You will own the P&L and the individual will need to be able to work cross-functionally across NRM, Category, Marketing and Supply to align with Customer strategies.
This role is predominately home based with an expectation to travel to our GSK House in Brentford, London on a fortnightly basis.
- Strategic Planning - To develop and deliver a business strategy with customers across the CHGBI portfolio which delivers long term sustainable profit growth
- Customer Contact - To build relationships with key trading team contacts and utilise these relationships to influence decisions being made in the Oralcare/Healthcare category
- Financial Management - To build a range of P&L's in order to understand the shape and profitability of the business and identify opportunities for future growth
- To build and develop a robust commercial calendar that delivers both against GSK and customer needs
- Agile working to adapt and respond quickly to deliver tactical opportunities which drive long term growth
- Customer Driven - Adopting a cross functional approach to ensure engagement and support across multiple teams so that they can act as a champion for the customer & channel ensuring their needs are continually met and exceeded
Closing Date for Applications: 24th February 2021 (COB)
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Previous Account Management experience in FMCG with proven results
- Broad business knowledge and market understanding from prior working experience
- Experience of building relationships at all levels within an external organisation
- Financial numeracy to be able to build strategically sound, financially robust proposals that exploit opportunities
- Proven understanding and insight into Category Management principles
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Previous experience of building senior level relationships within complex and tough trading environments
- Understanding of how an Account Manager/Buyer relationship functions
- A working understanding of marketing, supply chain and financial management
- Experience on acting as lead on a business development project
- A tenacious and entrepreneurial approach in the role is key to building and sustaining new long term relationships
- Experience and expertise of working in the wholesale channel
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.