Manager, Advisory Corporate Finance M&A, Financial Advisory, Open to returners & flexible working
Deloitte Advisory Corporate Finance provides corporates, private equity houses, owner-managers and other clients with a full suite of M&A services advising on acquisitions, divestments, buy-outs and capital raisings, a significant number of which are cross-border or international in nature.
Deloitte has been named as the most valuable “commercial services” brand in the world for the 2nd year running by Brand Finance, a leading brand consultancy, ranking ahead of all major professional service competitors. Furthermore, Deloitte has also been named the #1 Financial Advisor in Europe and Worldwide by M&A activity - 487 deals worldwide in 2020.
This service line is divided into regional, product and sector teams. The regional teams are split geographically and are largely sector agnostic. This role, within the Leeds M&A team, sits within the northern region (consisting of Leeds, Manchester and Edinburgh). The product teams cover debt advisory, plc advisory, special situations (difficult/distressed M&A) and valuations. The sector teams comprise Business Services, Consumer, Financial Services, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Real Estate, THL (Travel, Hospitality and Leisure) and TMT.
Our regional team also works alongside both the product and sector teams, which draws on experts from our global member firms to provide our clients with the highest quality professional advice and relevant M&A experience. Our Global team includes over 6,000 M&A professionals in over 150 countries.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The M&A Lead Advisory team in Leeds has enjoyed considerable success and remains one of the most active and prominent teams in the region. We have grown to 12 individuals and we plan to continue growing to support our significant pipeline of deal flow.
Our market-leading team advises shareholders, investors and the management teams of companies predominantly across Yorkshire and the North East of England. You will work alongside senior members of the team providing you with good exposure to the key decision makers.
We are currently looking for a Manager to join our growing and successful team. You will be responsible for:
- Working across a range of buy-side and sell-side transactions.
- Assisting with the day to day management of transactions which includes preparation of information memoranda, management presentations, valuation analysis and taking responsibility for the preparation of information and client communications.
- Industry research for both deal origination and transaction analysis.
- Valuation and financial modelling, including Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and Leverage Buyout (LBO) analysis.
- Contribution to marketing and business development opportunities.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, driven and eager to learn. You need to have good communication skills as we deal with CEOs, MDs, and investment decision makers on a day-to-day basis. The work is challenging but rewarding with transactions generating new scenarios where innovative solutions are required. We can be required to work longer hours to deliver to tight timetables, so being prepared to be flexible and roll your sleeves up is important.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in the Deloitte Leeds office, however the role may also involve travel and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal. We specify full mobility for our financial advisory roles, but we make arrangements respectfully. Working from home days are available and flexible depending on clients, deadlines, and projects.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- Strong academics, including ACA/CFA or equivalent (desirable but not essential depending on other experience).
- Previous exposure to M&A / transactions is highly desirable although not essential.
- Excellent numeracy skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to absorb and interpret large amounts of data quickly.
- Client and team focus, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A good level of meeting and presentational skills.
- Logical and meticulous approach to problem solving.
- High level of project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to undertake detailed financial/commercial exploration for inclusion in client reports.
- The desire and ability to be involved in business development activities.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 180833