Networks Analyst, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers and a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're in the middle of a £3bn investment into our People, Platforms and Data - with a Software Engineering led approach, all as part of our strategy to become the best bank for customers. It's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) to provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will reside.
Want to hear more?
You will be a key participant in the support of the Wired and Wireless infrastructures, ensuring high availability and performance is maintained at all times. A strong and demonstrable focus on Wireless principles including site design and planning is required in addition to having in-depth LAN/WAN knowledge. This is a role in a team with a solid technical background and the demands of the role require the you to immediately be capable of undertaking activities on behalf of the team.
Key competencies and accountabilities involved in the role include:
- Provide consultancy and advice to provide guidance on meeting business needs for network requirements and recommend technically sound, appropriate, cost effective deliverables
- Analyse, design, cost and manage deployment of small and medium network solutions to meet stated business requirements
- Collaborate with and manage third party network suppliers to drive delivery, service etc.
- Take responsibility for and provide technical project management to ensure timely delivery of requirements including effective management of both internal and third party resources
- Diagnosis, resolution and root cause analysis of network issues by providing technical expertise and support, taking ownership of network problems and deliver agreed actions within timescales
- Monitor and support a range of processes and systems to ensure that they are effectively maintained, patched and coordinated, recommending improvements
- Identify, recommend and implement agreed changes to support processes to reflect business needs and operational requirements, communicating these across assigned area of responsibility where appropriate
- Contribute to management of risks, infrastructure roadmaps and service improvements in conjunction with Domain Expert / Platform Lead
So what about you?
- An understanding of network technologies such as WAN, LAN, TCP/IP to ideally minimum of CCNA level.
- Cisco specific switches and routers
- Awareness of WLANs and RF environments
- Cisco specific wireless products, including WLCs, APs and Prime.
- Cisco specific products including WLCs, APs, Prime.
- Knowledge of other Cisco specific infrastructure components such as ISE.
- Additionally, Wireless network design and site surveys including use of the Ekahau toolset would be an advantage.
What will you get in return?
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential. As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
You'd also get a benefits package that includes:
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 28 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
So, if you have the experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you.
Together we make it possible.