ER Specialist (England and Wales), Open to flexible working
Diageo’s ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world. The Diageo Performance Ambition clearly outlines the business strategy to achieve this. The purpose of the role is to ensure that we have the right conditions in place to enable us to brilliantly execute the strategy by creating a high performing organisation where people can perform at their best. The role will ensure that we have a culture and values that foster a positive employee relations environment and ensures fair and respectful treatment of our employees based in England and Wales.
This ER Specialist role will be responsible for the employees relations agenda within the GB which includes Case Management, ER Capability Development, change management and individual and collective consultation with employees as applicable.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the role is to create a rewarding workplace culture that attracts first-class talent, promotes a high performance culture and provides leadership and direction to delivery of the employee relations agenda within England and Wales. The role holder will work in partnership with Line Managers and HR Business Partners to deliver the business ambition within each of the business areas by effectively leading the employee relations dimensions associated with achieving that. This includes Individual Case Management (disciplinary investigations, Grievances, etc), Collective consultation (with employee representatives), Absence Management (working closely with Occupational Health), Performance Management, Change Management and related capability building.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Develop employee relation strategies to lead through change across different business areas and manage resolution with minimum business impact (continuity, cost, reputation). This will require the individual to be close to the dynamics in organisation and emerging themes to ensure plans are in proactively shaped to address this.
- Ensure all employment policies and employment contracts within England and wales are legally compliant, are relevant, competitive and progressive in today’s context, whilst driving the culture and values of our business. The role will lead on standardization and simplification of our HR policies and processes, leveraging both internal and external best practices. Equally the role holder will provide expert advice on complex policy matters and provide coaching on its application with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Lead different change initiatives in support of our business ambition in partnership within business leaders, HRDs and HR business partners by effectively leading the employee relations dimensions associated with the change.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of case management whereby we minimize the exposure of employment related litigation, by working with Line management, HRD’s, Legal and other related departments. This would also include management of related legal proceedings.
- Drive a High-Performance culture: Ensure adherence to performance management standards and tools and drives initiatives to deliver sustained performance. Build ER capability and leadership across the organizations (HR Function and Line managers) alongside knowledge sharing via the structured cascade of employment law changes, case law etc.
Qualifications / Experience required
- Degree and/or CIPD qualified or equivalent in-depth experience
- Previous experience of ER case management and compliance matters.
- Experience in conflict resolution, policy development, negotiation planning and implementation.
- In depth knowledge and application of UK Employment Law and practices
- Experience of leading change
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.