Account Executive – Guinness & Emerging Channels, Open to flexible working
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Diageo Ireland’s ambition to grow to a £500m+ business means that sustaining quality growth in the On Trade of 5% per annum year on year is an absolute must-do. The On Trade business operates in a highly competitive environment with a wide portfolio, with Guinness at its heart and innovation as the fuel for growth. We are looking for a driven individual with a drive to be the best, to focus on new business development to ensure profitability and turnover in line with company objectives.
The successful candidate will be a disruptive thinker who wants to shape the future of one of the worlds most successful FMCG companies.
This may be the opportunity for you if you are;
- Imaginative in finding solutions, generating ideas and moving them to action
- You want to shape the future of what the NI On Trade will look like
- You operate with energy and passion that is contagious, build great relationships and consistently deliver great performance
- You are a strong team player who prioritises time and workload effectively, maintaining focus on the most relevant goals, overcomes barriers and retains determination to over-deliver on goals. Applies high standards and great execution in all deliverables.
About the Role
The role of the Account Executive – Guinness & Emerging channels will be focussed on distribution, occasion activation and quality serve around Guinness, Reserve, Food and Innovation. It is an opportunity to join a high performing team that will support and grow your potential in a dynamic, autonomous, entrepreneurial environment.
The successful person:
- Will have a disruptive and inquisitive mindset – a ruthless willingness to WIN
- Will challenge the norm – Have a “why not” attitude to getting things done
- Will lead our strategy to commercialise non traditional on trade consumption channels - Restaurant, other food outlets, outside pub occasions
- Will explore and devise a plan around what future socialising will look like, as well as putting Guinness at the heart of the On Trade occasion
- Will execute a full portfolio – Guinness, Bottle, Reserve, Spirits, Food, Innovation – strategy
- Will have responsibility for the most important element of our business; delivering sales, share and profit growth across these accounts by ensuring our customer, category and brand plans are brilliant.
- Will identify opportunities across different occasions to deliver a triple win for the customer, consumer and Diageo.
- Will have a desire to stretch and grow themselves and the business, so as to achieve breakthrough personal and professional growth.
- Will build a career legacy in the NI On Trade
This is a role for the ambitious, driven and energetic who want to develop their leadership capabilities in a FTSE 100 global business, where career progression and job fulfilment is entirely in their own hands. We are a business that invests in our talent and this a role were character Is everything
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
- Deliver against a full year annual Return on Investment and operating plan (FY AOP) in line with our On Trade ambition
- Deliver agreed Volume & Share, cash and profit targets for the territory
- Accountable for identifying and winning new business/occasions in and out of pub
- Ensure that all the outlets in the territory are perfectly executed versus our predefined outlet execution standards. .
- Operate as a consultant to customers through the creation and execution of high impact Joint Business Plans (JBP’s)
- Leverage data, analytics and insights that unlock sustainable growth opportunities for Diageo and the customer.
- Incremental growth opportunities are identified including external events and swiftly actioned through the internal network of commercial cross-functional resources.
- Responsible for the quality and serve standard of all our brands with the support of the Quality team.
- Amazing brand activations in and out of the pub to drive sales growth and triple win.
- Ability to understand customer requirements and match these to specific Diageo propositions. This will be delivered through creation of Joint Business Plans with all customers
- Is highly commercial and experienced at identifying opportunities for growth, creating value for Diageo and our customers
- Makes proactive and reactive recommendations and consistently beats the competition
- External radar, constantly seeking to expand knowledge in order to identify and activate potential areas for growth
- Operates with a clear set of priorities, agile and capable of adjusting plans to realise growth opportunities
- Thorough orchestration of all aspects of programme activation (price, promotion, visibility, share of space) with rigorous attention to detail
- Expert analysis of multiple data sources is converted quickly into simple, clear, actionable plans that deliver growth.
- Work within compliance and business process guidelines required to execute efficiently and brilliantly
- Demonstrate strong-followership of centrally-driven decisions and deliver brilliant execution of template programmes and activities
- Takes a disruptive approach to winning new business.
- Can shape the future through new thinking and breakthrough ways of working. Will challenge the norms
- Relationships – Has the ability to build strong relationships
- Commercial Acumen – strong commercial understanding, can manage ROI, forecasting and investment decisions, P&L literacy, strong analytical capability (data and insight), ability to determine investment impacts on margin.
- Target Driven – Will to win. You will have the drive, appetite and ambition to excel within a challenging target driven environment.
- Highly Organised – can manage multiple priorities.
- Agile – must be comfortable adapting and flexing workloads to accommodate business needs.
- Team - focused on total company delivery. Can lead and galvanise various teams inside and outside the business to deliver desired outcomes.
- Full clean driving licence